Register now to get rid of these ads!

Proportions: Don't beat me to bad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speedsterinc, Dec 8, 2008.

1. ironhunter

ironhunter

Aw, I dunno. Wife is keeping me tied up in the kitchen, got done with the cabinets I was working on and now she wants a riveted copper hood over the cooktop. I guess she thinks I know a little about sheet metal fabbercatin? hehe I dunno where she came up with that idea...

Fellers, you guys that are suggesting the top need to be chopped (more than it is already) on John's PU just ain't got ya thinkin right. I've seen the truck and saw John try to sit in it, and it ain't pretty! Picture yourself sitting in a T-bucket (that is the same interior dimensions as John's truck), then put a roof 10" above the top of the door. That's what you got in John's truck. The Fordor door screws up the proportion as you see the truck in a picture. The doors ae narrower than a sedan or coupe door and gives the illusion that the cab is larger than it actually is. Sitting against the back of the cab, John's knees are up at his chest.

Also, the comments about the roof line are the result of misunderstanding the T body construction. The wood that will run along the top of the body sets the final shape of the roof line.

2. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Very nice. Subtle changes make a huge difference. Still maintains the integrity of the original truck... I love the HAMB!

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I like it just like that. Paint it if you must, but there's no need to put any more parts on it.

4. Speedsterinc

Speedsterinc

I like it!! Just got to figure out how. The bed no problem. The roof no problem. but the rear window is a problem. I like the looks of the bigger rear window, but it is in the rear wrap around of the body. The cab starts to roll at the rear edge of the window now if I go bigger it will be partialy on the back.

I wish now I would have left a little more of the sides.

Drove it back down to the shop and fitted some fenders it looks good with them but I would have to lose the wire wheels and go to a 25" tire. in order for it to turn.

5. budd

budd

i have a couple t sedans here and went out and checked what i thought i could get away with on the side window, even if not that much i think a little would go a long way. i was just haveing fun..lol

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Drive baby drive.

7. Speedsterinc

Speedsterinc

I like how you made the bigger window It looks great. Starting with a sedan instead of a fordor would have been ideal, a larger door and a little more room to play with in the qtr area. I willl know what to different on the next one.
    When I first built the cab it was just perfect to be on a original chassis with the tall roof and plenty of room in the cab. but as a rod the chopped top killed the interior space.

Attached Files:

8. 29.woody

29.woody

John,

I am definitely a "fender guy". However, if adding fenders means changing wheel size, and changing wheel size means doing something else, etc. then I might just go fenderless. Either way, it's a great looking ride and "one of a kind" as far as I can see!

Can't wait to ride in it if you don't sell it before I get a chance!!!!!

steveg