Register now to get rid of these ads!

I toured McPherson College restoration program today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Nov 16, 2008.

1. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

Looks like a great place. I just sent something out to a student there.
    Wish I knew about those places while I was coming up.

2. greeng@mcpherson.edu

[email protected]

Povertyflats,

Here is a concept drawing of the Mercury Speedster as conceived by one of our students, Matt.
    Garrick

Attached Files:

3. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

How do you put stuff in the HAMB O Dex???

4. Awesome work guys. I remember back about 20yrs ago reading a cars and parts article on the college and telling my dad I was gonna go there someday (I was just starting high school at the time)....someday still hasnt came, and now with two kids and an ex wife things aint looking to promising for the near future either. Theres just not too many places like this where you get experience in every area of the field though. I absolutely love resto stuff. Theres a big difference in "detailing" a car with one color of paint and all the polished pieces you can throw at it and actually studying and recreating how things were when they were built. That attention to detail is what adds "depth" IMO.

5. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

How many MAC alums do we have on here???

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Wow, thanks for this drawing. It's very cool. Can somone post a larger photo of it here please? I don't know how.

Attached Files:

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Missed this somehow till now. Looks cool. Different time and place and I wouldn't mind being part of a program like that. Still glad to see others are and that is a nice sketch.

8. flatblackindustries

flatblackindustries
    from Ogden, UT

[​IMG]

9. Skimmer

Skimmer

I want to go back to school ......Haha

10. sololobo

sololobo

What a super story, I had heard of the school but had no idea how complete the program is. Nice job on the photos and info. What wonderful cooperation by all included, this kind of neat stuff is really a treat to view. Thanks for sharing it with us!!~Sololobo~

11. jn2630

jn2630
    from ks

I would like to hear from any students attending there, or who have attended. Were you able to afford it? Is it a good program?

12. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I went through the program back in '97-'98. Back then there were only 14 students per class. That was probably the greatest two years of my life. That shop is beyond beleif. On the weekend we would cruise Kansas junkyards and go to Hooters in Witchita. Go "Auto-Rats"!

13. ThePhoenix58

ThePhoenix58

As a graduate of this program, it's really nice to see this post...plus thank you Paul for getting a pic of the fins on my '58 when it was there.