Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HAMB legends

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weasel, Dec 3, 2008.

1. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Legends?

The entire HAMB has become a Legend and it took everyone reading this to make it happen.

Good or bad, everyone who ever logged on and posted here has made an impact.

I reserve "Legend" for people who have passed, I prefer to think in terms of "HERO" and there are so many people on here who I consider HEROS and Personal Friends at the same time that I am thankful everyday that I found this place.

Or did it find me?

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

amen.

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

You're one of 'em, Sweetheart!

4. Ryan is no "legend of the HAMB",,,,,,,,,,,,,he IS the HAMB.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Curious Rash put it best!!

HAMB is exactly what people put into it, and everyone that posts makes it great

6. That's so touching........ I am crying

7. oldsman71

oldsman71

thanks to all who make this place so cool!! a special thanks to
    them that started it all, it continues to get bigger and better!
    thanks to all cobey j.c./o.m.71

8. injectedA

injectedA

Harlan…back when I was a broke dick trying to make ends meet and working out of my one car garage I would sign in here and see what he was doing under a make shift carport and find the initiative to get after it, hot or cold, rain or snow. Sad how it all came falling down.

Bass & Grimlock…I can only hope that when someday comes and I have my life back that I have watched, listened and learned enough to have their vision, patience and fortitude to do these things the right way. They just get it. And get after it.

There are many more…

9. Don't know if I'd use the term "legendary" ... but (off the top of my head and in no particular order), here's a list of HAMBers I enjoy reading:

* 49ratfink (the reason for my HAMB addiction ... I lurked on here for years ... he kept buggin' me to join ... I finally gave in to him in Sept. '06 ... and now I need a 12 step program :))
    * Trader Jack (a hidden treasure ... 85 years young ... great story teller ... and IMHO a great asset to the HAMB)
    * hotrodladycrusr (The HAMB mother-figure ... keeps all us boys in line!)
    * SamIyam (great build threads)
    * Bruce Lancaster (a wealth of knowledge)
    * Rikster (Mr. Hoving runs the definitive Custom Car photo archive ... and taught me all about copyright laws in The Netherlands ... I've been copying his JPEGs right onto my HDD for quite awhile now :D)
    * Royalshifter (Mark always posts good stuff)
    * KiwiKev (also always posts good stuff)
    * Rich Venza (single handedly responsible for filling up my PM box! :D)
    * Gambino Kustoms (I don't know what it is about Alex's posts ... he sure the hell can't spell worth a damn :) ... but for some reason, that doesn't bother me when it comes to his posts ... his poor "spelin & gramare" actually adds to the flavor of his posts ... I really enjoy reading / viewing his threads)
    * KIRK! and his alter-ego The Fonz (Best picture threads ... HAMB Class Clown ... Mr. Jones always cracks me up!)
    * Mazooma1 (Another HAMB Class Clown ... his quick wit image posts always put a smile on my face)
    * 3wLarry (Mr. Roller is so full of himself, you can't help but look up to him :D)
    * Casey (Collin has good taste in Hot Rods! ;))
    * copshopcoupe (Chuck also has good taste in Hot Rods ;) ... and just happens to own one of my favorites!)
    * Scootermcrad (has great taste in engines! ;))
    * Ryan (so famous he goes by just his first name!)
    * J. Fitzhugh (I predict he'll be a HAMB "legend" soon)
    * 40StudeDude
    * Dean Lowe
    * Harms Way
    * JimA
    * Von Franco
    * Jeff Norwell
    * COOP666
    * BadBob

... and a whole bunch of others I can't think of right now

10. KIRK!

KIRK!

Jeff died?

11. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

He's one of my Hero's. When he's gone he'll be a legend to me.

Better buy up his art while you have the chance!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  12. shoebox72

shoebox72

Glassguy & Leadsledmerc

13. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Yeah all these guys should have special GOLD anodized HAMB tags...
    TP

14. Yeah but you deserve mention my friend. You have done cool shit!

15. There isn't enough bandwidth to list ALL the guys who have had an impact on me since joining the HAMB! Many I can call my friends and I would be there if they needed me for anything! I thought I knew ALOT about cars before I found the HAMB,but was quick to learn otherwise. I've always been a Merc fanatic and have met many more on here. That's great!
    The short list I made before was just the guys who came to mind,that night. If you weren't on that list,it means nothing!
    I don't care if you bought your car,had your car built by a shop,found it in a barn,was left to you by your dad,or if you built it from scratch with your bare hands! The things that mean the most to me is,DO YOU LOVE CARS! Are you a stand-up guy! Is your word good! Do you appreciate what you have? Do you think of yourself first,or others who don't know as much as you? DO YOU LOVE CARS! I already said that,LOL....The wealth of knowledge and the character of the guys on the HAMB are why i'm here! My two closest friends,Dreadman and 5051,I met on the HAMB. Maybe not "LEGENDS",but definately irreplaceable!!!!
    It's hard to chose between the guys who make this place possible and the guys who make you keep coming back! Don't you agree????

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

17. injectedA

injectedA

this thread had me forgetting the future...SUHRsc.

when away for too long the search engine for him will always bring what you need.

18. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

This is OUR NHRA and SCTA. In 40 years the 50th reunions will be RAD! I bet we won't even have to leave the house to all be in the same room- or we can cruise over in our FLYING hot rods!

19. crossroads

crossroads

Axle .

Axle does a lot for us guys on the left coast and his heart is truly in to it.

The Shifters , well , they helped start this trend of younger guys buildin rods in their back yards and car ports - just like we did in the good ol days. ;)

20. Along with the CHOPPERS....

21. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Littleman (defined as "fucking sinister, ultra cool hot rods)
    Bass (or has everyone just always forgotten to put the "ad" after the "b"?)
    hemicoupe
    bob k
    hotrodladycruser
    KIRK!

22. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

There's enough for EVERYONE! Beauty of the HAMB!

23. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Kiwi Kev was mentioned in the 1st post, :D

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh yeah, Honest and Dan Picasso, you never see these folks round here much any more, Sailor too.

25. scoop

scoop

I know I do.

26. Squablow, another of the HAMB archaeologists who can look at an obscure corner of a part, then identify the source vehicle down to the year, make, model, color, state of origin, name of first owner, number of people who lost their virginity in it....well, maybe not always to that degree of detail!

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and I do as well.

28. PATA32

PATA32
    Member Emeritus
    from keller,tx.

The #1 has to be COLLIN CASEY........Better throw Skot Ingram in there too !

29. the list could go on for days, a short list is impossible. heres some that come to mind real quick.

roothawg
    fathack
    hot rod lady cruiser
    mike landwher............what happed to him?
    germ
    buttreynolds.........still here with different name.
    and i'll never forget "1lowdelivery" 's first few hundred post. we started at the same time. he sure directed the heat away from the rest of us for awhile. right "oneload"? ha, ha. he's still here with a different name also.

30. Good thing nobody is using real names or we wouldn't be able to name one single person for the list!?!?