Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another new guy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The_Bronx_Chariots, Nov 15, 2004.

1. The_Bronx_Chariots

The_Bronx_Chariots

Just wanted to say hello before anyone sees me creepin around. Names Chris from the BX,NY, My pop built rods and racers and his pop did and his pop did a little too.Presently putting together a 51 Chevy with 350 6-71 blower, three port mechanical hilborne and four speed hydrostick.Tough tryin to find them old gasser parts out here. lol. Lookin to build a nice combination of custom and racer. And anyone from my area from the good old days-I am also lookin for pics of old street racers ,late fifties early sixties.Hope to learn and share lots of good stuff.

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Welcome bro. Burning the midnight oil too I see. I'm at my store waiting for the glass guy to board up the doors after a smash and grab. 6 bicycles, worth 25grand. What a night. Anyway, welcome. Don't let me rain on your parade. [​IMG]

3. The_Bronx_Chariots

The_Bronx_Chariots

I hate jello too...and that sucks about the window and the bikes...but six bikes worth that much cant be too hard to track down, seems like a limited market;)

4. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

5. The_Bronx_Chariots

The_Bronx_Chariots

Thanks alot...good stuff...we just pulled the trans out of my pops 53 mgtd (327 power) the thing was in the car since 1961 I think...but it was runnin good in there so it should be ok now. He couldnt take them hard shifts anymore, on account of his bad back(cough,cough,old man,cough) and all!!

6. bogey

bogey

Dd your dads MGTD have a big wind up key on the back??? there was only one I knew of. The Castle on Allerton Ave.

7. The_Bronx_Chariots

The_Bronx_Chariots

Yup..that'd be the one...still have the car and the wind up key..lol..cant believe someone remembered it. He upgraded a bunch of stuff, went with a nine inch rear and an overdrive so he can cruise it comfortably...ditched the six twos in the late sixties and went with a M/T crossram which it still has in it now along with the original paint and pinstriping..I'll get some pics of it up under construction soon.Did you used to live out here?

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hi Chris, Just drove through the Bronx today on the way to & from the airport, welcome to the HAMB. I've attached a photo of the B&L Automotive rail that came out of the Bronx next to the Lyndwood I'm restoring, Dover Drag Strip, 1962. Is the Chevy powered TD your dad has the old "Willie The Welder" car?

Attached Files:

9. The_Bronx_Chariots

The_Bronx_Chariots

I dont recall if it was ever called that, but I guess anything is possible, thats a great pic, my pop still deals with dennis(from B&L) and those guys. We may actually have some more photos of that rail somewhere, and possibly some video, I know we have some old super 8(i think) stuff from dover back then. If I find any I'll let ya know.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm looking for any photos or info on "The U.S.Mule II" Blown 392 Hemi powered TD built and raced by Don Noyes.

Attached Files:

11. The_Bronx_Chariots

The_Bronx_Chariots

..gotta love that..some interesting body work...If I come across anything I'll get it to ya.

12. The_Bronx_Chariots

The_Bronx_Chariots

Spoke to pops today and he remembers both of those cars..he's gonna dig through the archives for any info...also said that b&l ran another slingshot called the "brewmiester"..around the same time

13. Danscig

Danscig

I remember the MG from hanging around "The Castle". Wasnt it on the post rd and gun hill? I hung with some guys from 241st at the time. I had several cars back then. One was a 63 426 Plym, another a 60 348 Chev. Also had a Model A coupe with a 283 Chev for a couple of years. I hear its still around . We used to race on Conner st and the thruway back then. I was in the Chariots breifly back in 68 when I got out of the Marines. Then I moved to Calif. Still good friend with Paul Matrildonno down here in Fl.