Register now to get rid of these ads!

Aussie Kustom Nats 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choppa, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Choppa

Choppa

Hey Guys, Kustoms Of Australia is holding the Kustom Nationals on January 9-11th 2009 at Phillip Island, Victoria, and we extend our invitation to Hambers world wide to take this opportunity to visit Australia and catch one of the best Kustom and Hot Rod events in the land:cool:. What, with our dollar being down in the dumps again and this being our Summer season, it's the pefect time to visit the land down under:D. I'll be posting a few pics taken by Carps at our last Nationals over the coming weeks, and let us know who'll be tracking down:)
    For info on the Kustom Nationals log onto www.kustoms.com.au
    Thanks guys
    Chopper
    [​IMG]

2. Choppa

Choppa

Some pics from the last Kustom Nationals:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. This is a event I want to make one year, will you be chopping a car this year Chopper?

4. Choppa

Choppa

Yeah Jimmy... ofcourse:D.
    We just landed a '50 Merc from the states (thanks Bob), and we're doin' sills, floors, etc. getting it ready for January, and we'll chop it over Saturday/Sunday, it should be a blast:D.
    Chopper

5. 567trishop

567trishop
    from Australia

Is there camping on grounds

6. EHBoy

EHBoy

hey guys i'll be down for the nats again this year (satday only unfortunatly) would be cool if there was someone i could bum a ride off (from melb to the island) ill put in for petrol money instead of having to borrow dads comodore again. good chance to meet some hamers aswell.
    pls pm if intrested

sorry to hijack the post chopper

7. EHBoy

EHBoy

8. redda

redda

i will be there again no doubts ! hopefully in my new ek ute i've been hoping to have it ready ..though somehow i had it in my mind it was later in the mounth of jan .... geez i better get off the computer and back in the shed ... kustom nats is top weekend.. arguably the koolest show in oz

9. Choppa

Choppa

Unfortunately we aren't able to organise camping at the Grand Prix facility, but there are plenty of caravan parks around at the island.
    Here's some more shots to whet your appetite:)
    Chopper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Where else can ya cruise on one of the best racetracks in the world:D[​IMG]

10. LoSoto

LoSoto

Unfortunately I won't be able to do this year, but already starting to plan for next year.......can't wait!!!!

11. Hey it is next year, so see you in January 2009. ;D

12. Here's a few more pics......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  13. Hey Chopper & 'quote boy', so you guys are going to chop a merc this year, any details of what you're aiming to do modification wise?

Cheers, and might see you there if I can get a swindle a few days away,

Drewfus

14. Choppa

Choppa

Chopped a few Mercs over the years, and and I suppose everyone wants to build that unique Merc... well, with this one I'm not gonna try to reinvent the wheel, I'm just gonna build a mild chopped kustom that hopefully stands out just because it's got some class. Haven't decided on the final build as yet, at the Kustom Nats we'll just chop the top around 3 1/2 to 4 inches, and move the rear of the roof around a bit to keep some kind of balance with the rest of the body:cool:.
    Some more pics:)
    Chopper
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. 68wagon

68wagon

sounds like fun but have a new bub so will have to wait and see.
    might be able to sneak down for a day trip

16. Choppa

Choppa

Wow... how time flies when you are having fun.:D Now there are less than 3 Weeks to go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Hey quote boy good to see you back on here.

18. Won't be there I'm afraid....something to do with the op I think !!

Rat

19. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

Took the trip south last year to run a muck. Good show good cars wish i had the money to fly down this year!!!

20. lowdown

lowdown

DAMN IT I LOVE THIS SHOW!! but unfortunatly this will be the first one ive missed since the first one, taking of to japan for a month in jan. somebody better take an assload of pics!!

21. *nick*

*nick*

i'll be there with a few rolls of film.

i hope there's a good turn out.

22. Choppa

Choppa

Hey Kats,
    Only a few more days till the Nats and its gonna be a BIG one,
    Here's the band Schedule and the flyer for the Rant & Rave Party on Saturday Nite at the San Remo Hotel, as well as the full weekend schedule below;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KUSTOM NATIONALS 2009 SCHEDULE
    FRIDAY January 9th
    Hang out at Cowes, and/or cruise to places of interest
    12.00 noon till 10.00 pm Beach Party at Cowes Esplanade
    Set up PA at rotunda from 12.00 noon with music and announcements from 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm.
    Entrants can cruise the main street at their leisure till 5.00 pm when we’ll start closing down the street for entrant access and cruising only.
    Cruising will come to a stop at 5.30 pm when the bands will start setting up.
    6.00 pm - 7.00 pm band… JUMP n’ JIVE
    7.30 pm - 8.30 pm band…SPEED
    9.00 pm - 10.00 pm band… WILD TURKEY
    10.00 pm—Late To be advised

SATURDAY January 10th
    Please note! Prior to being allowed on the track entrants will have to sign release at KOA HQ.
    8.00 am – 6.00 pm At the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit (itinerary subject to change)
    John’s Rod & Custom Kustomizing Workshop in progress through the day, Pin striping Alley & How To, Lifestyle Vendors, Model Car Show, Kustom Kulture Show, etc...
    9.00 am -11.00 am P.A. set up, background music
    9.00 am - 5.00 pm Controlled cruising of southern part of track
    11.15 am – 12.00 noon band… KUSTOM DELUXE
    12.00 noon– 12.45 pm FULL TRACK CRUISE (assemble from 11.50 at pit lane)
    12.30 pm – 1.15 pm band… FENDER BENDERS
    1.15 pm – 1.45 pm Lowrider Bike and Minirod parade of southern part of track
    1.15 pm – 1.45 pm MUFFLER RAP EXHIBITION (register at KOA HQ before 1.00 pm)
    1.45 pm – 2.30 pm band… WILD TURKEY
    2.30 pm – 3.15 pm FULL TRACK CRUISE (assemble from 2.20 at pit lane)
    <O:p</O:p3.00 pm - 3.45 pm band… VAUDEVILLAINS
    3.45 pm – 4.15 pm FLAME THROWERS (register at KOA HQ, subject to fire restrictions)
    4.15 pm – 5.00 pm band… RUNAWAY BOYS
    6.00 pm Cruise to San Remo Foreshore
    9.30 pm - 1.00 am SAN REMO HOTEL presents the Kustoms RANT n’ RAVE Party! featuring the FLYIN’ SAUCERS & FIREBIRD. Reservations 03 56785352

SUNDAY January 11th
    Please note! Prior to being allowed on the track entrants will have to sign release at KOA HQ.
    8.00 am – 5.00 pm At the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit (itinerary subject to change)
    John’s Rod & Custom Kustomizing Workshop in progress through the day,
    Pin striping Alley & How To, Lifestyle Vendors, Model Car Show, Kustom Kulture Show, etc…
    9.00 am -10.00 am P.A. set up, background music
    9.00 am - 5.00 pm Controlled cruising of southern part of track
    10.00 am – 10.45 am band… HOOT n’ HOLLAH
    10.45 am – 11.30 am FULL TRACK CRUISE (assemble from 10.30 at pit lane) / Model Car Awards
    11.15 am – 12.00 noon band… FLYIN’ SAUCERS
    12.00 noon – 12.30 pm AWARD ANOUNCEMENTS
    12.30 pm– 1.15 pm band… ROCKABILLITY
    1.15 pm – 1.45 pm PINUP CONTEST, Lowrider Bike and Minirod parade of southern part of track
    1.45 pm – 2.30 pm band… ATOMIC HI-TONES
    2.30 pm –3.00 pm KOA Charity AUCTION / Give-A-Ways / TATTOO SHOW
    3.00 pm – 3.45 pm band… JUMP n’ JIVE
    3.45 pm – 4.30 pm FULL TRACK GRAND PARADE, Led by Award Winners
    4.15 pm – 5.00 pm More GIVE-A-WAYS & FAREWELLS
    Stop off at the San Remo Hotel on your way home for meals, drinks, and farewells. Reservations 03 56785352
    For more info go to… www.kustoms.com.au or call 03 9796 2251 P O Box 131 Berwick Vic, 3806<O:p</O:p

23. Hey Binga, I'm here on a regular basis, just don't post so much as there's too much to read. ;)

24. striper

striper

The old girl will get one more run to the island. I was hoping to be topless...I mean roadster style.

Not to worry, beats driving a Kingswood.

See you there

Pete

25. kingswood? man ill probably be showing up in one, a borrowed one at that. the things ya do....

26. Summer holidays, my Ford has no pro shaft, it's awy being shortened.

I'm finishing up on the steering wheel as I type and My FJ is a speedo cable away from RWC and rego.

Looks like one more time in the daily, but at least it's faster than a kingswood, come to think of it, it's faster than a Ferrari! :D

27. And then some!!!

See ya down there, just like the picnic, green jalopy one day candied sedan the next ;)

28. U Dogs !!

I wish I could be there.....esp on Friday !

Have fun ....

Rat

29. Aye aye Cap'n!!

Will have to catch up soon.......

30. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Wow Australia has really cool customs and hot rods also! January is in the middle of winter here in the USA. Cal and Florida are warm here but not many events going on this time of year. Is it always warm there in January? Looks like a great place to have it.