Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edsels Edsels everywhere...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KK Hickey Designs, Dec 5, 2008.

1. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

I went to drop my girlfriend off at work and remembering a bunch of old junk yards being near by I decided to go take a look and see if they were still around. I drove down the street by her work and there was a yard with about 50+ Edsels of different makes and models. I managed to snap a pic on my camera phone and as I was saving it I looked over to my left to see several angry looking gentlemen walking towards my car from the tow yard across the street so I got out of there. Anyways, here is the one pic I managed to take, he also had an unusal amount of Honda Cvcc's parked in the same lot...really odd. This was in the Florin area of Sacramento BTW. PM me for more details, I'd rather respect the owner till I get the story on them. I may go back later today to check it out more. Just thought I would share my unusual find.
    [​IMG]

2. chopt49

chopt49

If those are near the R&R tracks off Florin Rd? They have been there for years (many years) and the owner is nasty from what I heard. Be very careful!

I went there about 15 years ago "looking around".

If this has changed then let me know.

3. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Nope, same spot. Thanks for the heads up about the owner. I never understood folks like that...hoarders I suppose.

4. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

We have a guy here in southern arizona who is a real "hoarder" also. Mean old dude. Probably folks wanting his cool "JUNK" cars for 1958 prices. Its around Sierra Vista. Ive only seen anyone there once, i stopped and couldnt wait to leave. He's never done anything with it in 8 years that I've seen. I'd love to go there post mortem when heirs wonder what to do with it.

5. Lotsa guys like that...hard to figure them out...they have what we want and seem to enjoy that position

6. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'd be Pissed off if I had that many Edsels too :)

7. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

do the right thing man get a bunch of your buddys together and dress up like werewolves and go say hello....at 3 am!!

8. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Yep, do it on a full moon and grab me a '58 wagon or at least a '58 dash!

9. ooooh, I have to tell missprint about this one. She will roll up her sleeves and go with you.

10. manyolcars

manyolcars

Lets wait and see what you say after you get a couple of great cars and ASSHOLES knock on your door every day demanding that you MUST sell them just because they want'em.
    It gets old.

11. R Pope

R Pope

The crabby old dude will kick the bucket and the Missus will call in the crusher the next day, and sell the lot to a condo developer for half what the cars are (were!) worth.

12. Us Old Guys only become Ass Holes about our stuff when others think We don't have the right to have it. It all has to be somewhere, what's wrong with having more than You have? By the way, We're not all Ass Holes until we get treated like We have no buisness Owning things We pay for. It's all about having the things we like, some just have more than others. Now just think about that for a second before you go jumping my case for having an Opinyin different than yours.
    The Wizzard

13. suicidal-element

suicidal-element
    from Auburn, CA

There is a guy up in Auburn like that that has HUNDREDS of cars on his property. What is sad, is he has some real treasures, but they decay mor and more every year!!! You can only see them when driving by cause the blackberry bushes are all overgrown. He doesnt let anybody back there. I have tried a couple times and gotten chased off by his shotgun!!! Ill see if I can snap a pic sometime soon.

14. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

True story, just because someone has them, doesnt mean they want to sell them. I get people all the time asking if stuff in my yard is for sale.....I'm amazed at some of the a&*hole responses I get:
    "youre not doing anything with it"
    "its just going to rot"
    etc....etc....

And I'm no old timer either.

Nothing wrong with hoarding. If it wasnt for "hoarding" there would be much less old tin around for us to play with.

15. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Well I went over there after class and left a note on his door, nobody was home. Getting a closer look it looks like they were doing just that....rotting away. I'd guess there were close to 75 of them there in various states.

I walked across the street to some sort of shop there (Tow yard I think) and asked if they knew what the deal was and if he ever sold them. They told me a few years back he had about 20 of those Honda CVCC's in his driveway and sold them to some guy but other then that I guess he is kind of grumpy with anyone that shows up at his door asking about them and I was told to "be very careful aproaching him about his cars"

On the note I asked if it would be okay to take pictures as long as I promised not to disclose where they were located but for some reason I get the feeling I'm going to get shot down along with my "any of them for sale" request. Thats life I guess.

If he gives me permission to shoot some pics I'll be sure to post them.

16. You know anyone with an Edsel that you can drive over there?

Seeing a fellow Edsel owner might bring him around.

17. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

I actually do, that might be a good thought. :)

18. MissPrint

MissPrint

If I were closer, I'd drive ya there in a heartbeat. . .:D

19. On the note I asked if it would be okay to take pictures as long as I promised not to disclose where they were located but for some reason I get the feeling I'm going to get shot down along with my "any of them for sale" request. Thats life I guess.

If he gives me permission to shoot some pics I'll be sure to post them.[/QUOTE]

Let's say You have a Gun Collection. No, better yet. You have a Hot Wheels collection, 100's of them. Now someone knocks on your door and asks to take a bunch of Photo's of them but they are Not going to do anything with the Photo's. What would you tell them? Your Not hording those Hot Wheels, it's Your collection. You bought and Paid for every one of them. It's your Right isn't it? There are some Hot Wheels out there I understand are worth $100.oo and more. Pretty easy to steel aren't they,, if someone wanted to. Now your "ONLY" going to post it here on the H.A.M.B. What's wrong with that? Are you starting to figguer out why He's a Grumpy Old Man with a Shot Gun yet?
    Your kind of Bologna is why I'm known as a "Son-of-a Bitch" to a lot of people. Yet here on the H.A.M.B. I've helped and advised a lot of people that consider me a Friend. It's all about Respect and Rights, Not your point of View.
    The Wizzard

20. VonKool13

VonKool13

Sorry Pist, but I feel your wrong in this case only because I believe CARS should be driven not stared at like freaking museum pieces. Edsels are rad and are meant to be driven. If he was going to do anything with them he would have started long before now. Hot wheels cant be driven, they were always meant to be collected; to either play with or look at. Edsels or any car were ever built to be driven. I say the guy needs to sell them to people who will put them back on the road. Or, part them out so guys like me can keep my Edsel on the road. Fixable cars should never be hoarded for the mere joy of having something. DRIVE it or SELL it!!

21. Well here is the Opposite ends of Ideals. And I'm also an Edsel owner among things I collect (Hoard in your Opinyon) The nice thing about living here in the good Old U.S.A. is we don't half to all have the same point of View.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

22. VonKool13

VonKool13

That wagon is badass.
    Wouldn't you feel good though if you had a hoarde of Edsels and were parting some of them out so others could have the same sense of joy you have when you drive yours. Then you could build some for your self, and sell the others. Hot rodding and old cars in general should be about commradery over DRIVING old cars, not sending them back to the earth.

23. VonKool13

VonKool13

And a side note, I don't care about hoarding anything else except cars. They sould be on the road not dead in some guys yard.

24. roddinron

roddinron

Hoarding is fine in a dry climate where the cars will last, but come to where I live and I'll take you on a tour of oxide piles that used to be cars. Yes the guys who owned them had a right to do what they wanted with them, but letting them rot just because they were theirs is just plain stupid and selfish, they'd have been better off taking them to the crusher and getting the $25 30 years ago, since they clearly had no intention of preserving them.
    Didn't you and chopt49 already disclose the location?:confused:

25. I feel Fine just the way I am and I don't need to Sell anything to feel that way. When was the last time you were at a Car event and actually started a Conversation with that Old Guy that looks Out of Place? He might be the Guy that Owns all those Edsels. I respect his right to have them even if I wouldn't do exactly the same thing. Like I said, Oposite Ends.
    The Wizzard

26. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neither of these were for sale, but than again, Edsel owners are an odd bunch.
    The 59 took me 15 years to get, and the 58 sat and wasn't for sale from 1969 until 2008

27. VonKool13

VonKool13

That 2 door '58 is so damn rare! You scored dude! You should join the Edsel social group here on the HAMB. Just go into your "manage my account" look under Networking on the left and click on the "social group" link. There is a list of all kinds of groups.

28. Want to sell that 58 2d wagon? The Wizzard

29. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

I bumped an old thread about it, search : Edsel Roundup

30. chopt49

chopt49

These are very easy to find if you know the Sacramento area... not hidden.

Heck I will give you a Google map link if you want... Does not change the fact this owner is mean and NOT GOING TO TALK... I tried 15 years ago! with cash in hand.

I would leave him alone.