Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can anyone recommend a sheetmetal shop near Cypress TX?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpookyDad, Dec 3, 2008.

1. SpookyDad

SpookyDad
    from Cypress TX

I am building two long running boards so I am looking for a shop that can bend two 1.5" flanges on a 7' long sheet of 16 ga steel. I can handle the short ends. Right now the long edges are beyond my capabilities. Unless someone can suggest a method of doing it without a large brake.

I am in Northwest Houston (Cypress) and it would be nice if I didn't have to drive across town.

Thanks

SpookyDad

2. There's a shop here in T.C, that can probably do it, If I can get some one to take the steel over there during 9-5 hours. Maybe we can hook up at my office, I can take them home, and get HAMBer Unclee to drop them off and pick them up at the shop here in town.

3. SpookyDad

SpookyDad
    from Cypress TX

If they have some spare 16 ga, I could just shoot them the dimensions and buy the sheet from them.

Thanks for the information and the offer.

Neil

4. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Our brake at work does up to 12ga but alas..... only 49 inches long.

Keep me in mind.

5. SpookyDad

SpookyDad
    from Cypress TX

I guess I could do the running boards in two pieces. There are a couple of spots where it wouldn't be noticed.

How much would you charge for 4 3ft sections roughly 16" wide (plus the flanges) with the edges folded down 1.5" ?

Neil

6. amcdv

amcdv

Try Burgess Specality Fabrication...713-462-0293..they're off of 290 and Fairbanks N. Houston.... I know they have made some AMC related parts for a vendor...maybe they can help you out....don't know what they'll charge, but it never hurts to ask...good luck... amcdv