Register now to get rid of these ads!

Built...something

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CYRUS, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Looks like you have room for the M/C to go outside the frame and sit inside the body.
    Make a point to install some bronze/brass bushings in the pedal cross-through-the-frame pivot.

Couple of other options:

On the firewall, looks like you have room there.

On the firewall with the M/C turned 90 or 180 degrees so it's inside under the cowl and behind the dash.

Inside the frame rail, under the floor, but further back.
    Use a long pushrod and if required run the pushrod through a support bushing.
    Teflon works well here and you can probably find a ready-made one at a bearing house or make your own from a small sheet of Teflon.

Good looking project so far.
    Well done.

2. The firewall's where it belongs. Easy mounting/access. Just get a good looking fruit jar M/C and rock it. Under the floor's a bigger pain in the ass than it's worth.

[​IMG]

3. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

Very nice work!

Maybe we should have a thread of "Post your vroom vroom pictures."

Pete

Attached Files:

4. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

can someone direct me to that thread i cant seem to find it even if i search would like to read it and get the same inspiration

looks great excellent work :D

5. It's in the Tech section, I would read everything in there after you read Paul's.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103232

6. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I don't really have a problem with an Master Cylinder being exposed on the firewall. My own opinion, but if its what you had to do.

7. I decided to put it on the firewall. It'll be easier, and I've got plenty of room there. Plus I already have a pedal assembly that'll work. Thanks for all the replies, folks. Now I just need to figure out the motor mounts.

For the guy that asked, it's getting painted white. Red firewall and engine, black frame, gray brackets and upholstery and "maybe" chrome smoothie wheels.

8. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I see you have your manhood out in spades.LOL
    Good progress.That's what it takes to get 'em done.
    [​IMG]

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

damn dude, she's lookin good !!!:)

10. Finally decided on some motor mounts. Not quite as artistic as some I've seen here on the HAMB, but should be functional. These brackets mount over the frame. Haven't finished the engine side of them yet. (Little league is eating up 5 days a week of prime building time. But it's worth it.)

Attached Files:

11. lakesmod

lakesmod

I put mine under the seat.

Attached Files:

12. Thanks for the reply, lakesmod. Cool set-up, but won't work with mine. I have no under seat room. Seats will most likely be mounted very close to the floor. I'm just going to mount the master cylinder to the firewall. Working on motor and tranny mounts right now. Hope to have them done by the weekend, then on to radiator and grill mounting. What's the general concensus on solid mounting the radiator to the front of the frame without rubber cushions? Also, I'm going to try a 15" fan. The 19" that's on the engine now sticks up over the top of the radiator too far, I've taken a few measurements, and 14" would work better, but I've only been able to find a 15". The extra cooling capacity of a 15" would be beneficial. Thoughts?

Someone mentioned Vroom Vroom photos? I'm always game!:)

Attached Files:

13. Click on Cyrus's name on his post,go to his post history,you'll find it.

14. crashbox

crashbox

Wow! Nice work, keep us posted.

15. Just a quickie update, folks. Got it rolling temporarily. (rear suspension has yet to be worked out completely, but the 3rd member is welded in place at ride height.)

Looking for suggestions as to the ride height. I think the rear is too high. Should I bring it down about 2 inches? I think so.

Just a word about the engine. It will come down about 3 inches in the front. (The motor mount plates that bolt to the engine haven't been finish welded.)

Attached Files:

16. In almost a month, nobody has anything to say? I'm hurt!!!;)

Just got the rear leaf springs figured out, and lowered the rear kick-up. ( I was trying to be flashy, not practical.)

Got the real rearend rebuilt, not the mock-up. The real one is a 94 S-10 7-5/8 3.73-1. Ought to be fun! Pics to come.

17. rab71

rab71

Im really looking forward to the finished product as nothing is better than a groung up did it all yourself rod. Sweet! What are you going to title it as?

18. Whatever the DOT wants it to be. I don't really care as long as they let me have plates.

19. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Man, I figured with that much kickup you would have that thing on the ground and a suicide setup up front. To each his own though, looks cool either way, keep us updated. I'm puttin one together out of a sedan tub rear section with top chopped off, found cowl and whatever I can get my hands on to skin for sheet metal for the doors.

20. lakesmod

lakesmod

CYRUS
    It's been almost 2 mounths.how about a up date(with pictures).
    Fred

21. GrantH

GrantH

once my truck is running and shit i will have to try my hand at this. i love the whole scratch built factor.

how did you bend the tubing for the cowl? I have my ideas but would like your input.

22. I think the stance looks spot on....the too low or too low in the rear look doesn't suit 'hot rods' in m opinion. A bit of rake is agood....

updates...?

23. sorry for not posting sooner, folks. I've been busy with other stuff. Not a lot of progress on this project. I threw some primer on it for something to do to protect it since it doesn't go in the garage during the winter. It just sits outside in the driveway cuz the garage if full of crap. I'll post up a couple photos in the next week or two.

I have swapped out the 6 for a SBC, and I'm in the process of changing the front to a suicide setup.

As for bending the tube for the cowl, it was ALL done by pie-cutting. Just a saw-kerf here and there and weld it once it looks good. It's really that simple.