Register now to get rid of these ads!

My NEW VS OLD plastic 32 roadsterS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by richcraft.spl, Nov 28, 2008.

1. A Boner

A Boner

Kilbourne glass bodies are a lot of bang for the buck....even George Poteet used one on his gold colored bonneville roadster from a few years ago.

2. FatRat

FatRat

Mike,

The roadster looks killer!

Sorry I missed the party. I had to work on the wife's late model.

Murph

3. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Damn Mike you were'nt kiddin' with all that chrome your gonna give the westside PIMP's a run for there money...KILLER as always can't wait to see it in person...Ryan

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Just had lunch today with a friend who builds $150,000+ rides for some rich clients and he is convinced that the next wave is going to be glass bodied main stream hot rods, deuce 5/3w's and roadsters, '33-'34 coupes and roadsters, etc. He says with the "packages" that the glass manufacturers offer (power windows, glass already installed, rollers already shimmed and ready for paint) the precieved "value" (real or imagined) is going to sway quite a few buyers when they are faced with the astromical final figures it takes to build a top of the line hot rod in steel. He already has a couple of customers talking along these lines that are faced with the possibily of a downsized income for the next few years.
    I think we all are going to be rethinking our hot rod diets and if we don't already have the raw material (steel) in hand a reality check is bound to rear it's ugly head if we want to participate. With the average HAMB guy willing to settle for a clapped out foundation and working his way to stardom maybe the economy won't have the same impact as the mainstream participant. Time will tell.

Frank

5. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

I hate you ................:D tell that old whore i still have a thick one for her .....is that the intake and carbs off the truck ?

6. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Hey Mike
    The cars look great.
    Has Hank been helping?

7. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Hey steve hank has been working on and gathering parts for a 32 sedan. Whats new? Ron thats 4x2 of the truck.

8. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Looks good, always look forward to your builds.

9. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

:rolleyes:ya can't have enough-The Deuce Roadster- :D Who's the Body made by?

They look great Glass or Tin Who cares when they are done the fun is what counts, Ya can't loose.;)

10. You know after seeing that chrome radiator shell, I'm convinced-all duece shells should be chromed! That looks awesome, almost wonder why they didn't do a few chromed ones from the factory originally.

11. A Boner

A Boner

Looks like a Kilbourne body to me.

12. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Who says you have too many hot rods? You never have enough hot rods.

Ago

13. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

;)We got to get you to build one of thoses Deuces that will let your hair blow into your eyes:D Ol Deuce

14. HasonJinkle

HasonJinkle

Damn you-
    Now you got me looking around for a V8-60 tube. I'd always considered the dropped & drilled I beam to be the shit, but I really dig how that frontend shapes up. Think the chromed grill is what's doing it?

15. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Here are some new photos !! I just fired this bitch off today. I need to finish wiring and get a seat in it and it will be turning tire!!

16. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

17. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

18. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

KILLER.............Light weight = Fast.............Littleman

19. hell yeah...now if it would just get a bit warmer in this side of the country....

20. rick finch

rick finch

21. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Absolutely nothing wrong with glass bodies. They're cheaper,quiet and don't have that weird left rear quarter problem that Brookville's have. That's a very nice roadster!

22. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Very cool! It looks like you have snaps for a tonneau cover? Can we see it?

23. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

I'd like to drive that Bitch around the block a few times.

24. richcraft.spl

richcraft.spl

Hey ron im going to deliver this bitch next weekend !! I will get you some photo of the cover !