Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 special coupe to regular all steel roof question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by new wave terror, Nov 28, 2008.

1. new wave terror

new wave terror

Ive got a 29 special coupe body wich I would like to turn into just regular steel top.I believe the special coupe had the leather covered panels on the top and side.Feel free to correct me if Im wrong about any of this.I believe teh Bass coupe started out the same way.Im just looking for info on what I need to do to change it to an all steel roof.Ive heard of using a sedan rear window for that part of it.I dont know if I need to change the side pieces or just weld everything up and do the metal work on it.Has anyone done this before?Does anyone make new roof sections for these coupes?Sorry if none of this makes sense,just trying to hurry.Any help appreciated.Thank you guys.

2. You can bolt on standard coupe quarter windows and rear window panels. These all have a bead line next to the bolt flange.All 3 of these panels are HARD to find. I don't think anybody makes repops.

3. barney pierce

barney pierce

Hi there,went to GrantsPass, Or. last week to pick up a chopped sedan body from a fellow named Jamie Ford. I am pretty sure he has the pieces you need, but they might have been 30-31, I'm not sure. If you want his # email me at [email protected]. Good luck,

4. new wave terror

new wave terror

Thanks for the info.

5. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Keep it a special coupe!! Everyone changes them, dare to be different!