Register now to get rid of these ads!

Phoenix AZ area HAMBers get together....ANYONE????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BiggMike, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Douglas B.

Douglas B.

Count me in...just name the place and time.

2. oxo

oxo
    from England

yup me too lars,cold (and wet)england

3. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I think it should be it's own get together. It would be too hard to organize a group at the Rattlers event.

And for you guys out of the country, go ahead and book your flights as soon as a for sure date is set, Hot Rod Ron will gladly pick up the tab! He is a swell guy!

4. I’m still saving money for a trip for me and my wife next year, planning for a couple weeks sept-oktober. Hope we can go for the CHRR and I think it’s probably a lot of more cool things to do.
    Lars

5. Fenders

Fenders

would like to get there from Quartzsite, my RV is hot and rarin' to go...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. ardyboy

ardyboy

is there anything going on in the month of March. I'm staying in the Lake Havasu area for the month. My son and will be shooting over for the March Meets at Famosa but just wondering what else there is going on
    john

www.fastpast.ca

7. He is correct all the beds are made and ready to be slept in at T Mcg house and his wife is one hell of a cook.

8. BiggMike

BiggMike

Man this is going to be a good time.........Any date suggestions?

Mike

9. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Ha ha no problem, you pick up their plane fair and I will gladly give them a place to sleep!

I think sometime after the first of the year, and maybe we should consider something south so we can meet the Tucson group as well.

10. You're in luck ,...and right on time.
    The Nostalgia Drags are at Speedworld, Sunday, March 15th

(and that would be the week after Bakersfield)

11. I'm in also, just let me know the place and time.:D

12. Lets do a run to Bisbee, maybe stay at my fav place the Shaddy Dell?

13. oxo

oxo
    from England

i was in central phoenix in october(howard of the rattlers is a relative)and had a great time there and at chhr.i will be returning as soon as the funds,and wife,allow..

14. Brian W

Brian W

So... anyone have anymore ideas? Let's not let this one fizzle and die. It'd be real neat to be able to have a BBQ somewhere. TMcG and I were talkin and he thought the Casa Grande idea was good. We can meet the Tucson guys in the middle and he (TMcG) seemed to think there was a large park there to have a picnic/BBQ gathering. Any one have any more info on this park or any other ideas on a place to meet?

15. BiggMike

BiggMike

Everyone put your 2 cents in please. Date? Time? Place? BBQ? Whatever else?

Mike

16. jerry

jerry

Casa Grande sounds like a plan. Does any body know of a picnic grounds or park there?

It's not too far from either Phx or Tucson, Casa Grande ruins are just up the road in Collidge.

jerry

17. BiggMike

BiggMike

Whos gonna pay for the food?

Mike

18. jerry

jerry

Pot Luck? Everyone bring something or don't eat!

jerry

19. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Dave White Regional park is the place in Casa Grande. It's got picnic facilities and plenty of shaded parking for all the shady people that would be coming.

Maybe somebody could find out whats involved to use the park for a day.

20. ardyboy

ardyboy

21. BiggMike

BiggMike

I will contact the parks and rec for that area, but is EVERYONE ok with the location?

Mike

22. jerry

jerry

Sounds good to me. Be good to do a short road trip.

jerry

23. Brian W

Brian W

I'm good with the location... If it does in fact bring the Tucson guys up to meet and greet then it'd be great! Plus I like the idea of it being a HAMB only thing so we are not trying to meet in a crowded, dark, and loud bar setting. Once we know one another then we can have more fun at these other functions around town.

24. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

The Tucson guys cars probably won't go that far

25. river1

river1

depending on the date i'll be there.

everyone can bring their own meat to grill, drinks, and a side dish to share. a few people to bring charcoal if the park has grills and you're set.

later jim

26. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

That sounds like it would be cool, hopefully ill FINALLY have the roadster running

27. I don't care if my FTW RAT TRUCK isn't done I'll trailer it done there to CG I'm there......:eek::D

28. Just let me know what to bring. I can bring some food or whatever.

These dates are bad for me Sun 14th & Sat 20th.

Been working hard putting together my digger and am now planning on testing my nitro burning AA/Fuel Pontiac dragster at Speedworld on sat the 20th if anyone is in the area, stop by and say hello, smell the nitro, kill your ears, etc, etc. It is actually a very good feeling...if you like nitromethane, blowers, etc. It makes me feel all 'tingly' inside!

Steve Barcak
    www.pontiacheaven.org
    <DIR>Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
    Also hosting- 7th annual Nostalgia drags, show and swap coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az
    </DIR>

Attached Files:

29. This is awesome... I'd love to make a H.A.M.B function be the first place I take my 55 chevy. I hope I can get it rolling in a week or two.

30. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

My truck will not be ready but I will just have to borrow one of the brothas rides or hitch a ride. Casa Grande is perfect haha right down the road. I am sure that the Sinners in the west side will set up a caravan locaiton as well as central located like Nailheader and Jerry...