Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Heres an updated pic with some new rims. BTW, any updates church?
    [​IMG]

Please don't ask how i got it so low, its only in mock up;)
    Thanks
    Drew

2. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I hope you can really get that stance. It looks perfect.

3. the front will rub! they just weren't designed to lower the front end,fucking sucks!

4. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Thanks unclescooby

55 dude
    A fella can dream, cant he.

Im thinking maybe a couple of inches higher than what its at, maybe even widening the wheelwells.
    Its still in the works

5. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

you can get it that low, you just have to work to get it there. I want mine on the ground so I figure I will have to do an IFS a narrower track width and with new wheel wells that will be higher and wider. Will be a ton of work, but worth it in the end.

Later,
    Chad

6. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

You could always just bag it, drive it at a reasonable level and drop it once you no longer need the ability to steer.

7. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Man I cant wait to see this thing out and about the more of us vanners the better lol

8. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

Just got done reading this whole thread - some sweet ass trucks/vans. I just picked up a 64 Econo PU (Heavy Duty) a couple weeks ago. Can't wait to get started on it once I retun off deployment. Here's a pic of what she looks like right now..... Also....the previous owner has a wooden tail gate on it....so I'm looking for a stock tail gate!! Another question: What's the big deal about the HEAVY DUTY Econolines?

[​IMG]

9. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Good luck with that. And I don't know what the deal is with the heavy duty designation. Be sure and join up on the econoline yahoo groups. I bet they will know what the difference is.

Later,
    Chad

10. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

I'm pretty sure that the heavy duty means a nine inch rear-end rather than the little 7 or 8 in? rear-end

11. mine is a bit too new to be HAMBy but we have fun with it. 4000 mile road trip to yellowstone this last summer when gas was $4.50. stock 170 with electronic ignition and 3 on the tree got 20 mpg. even made it up and down the bighorn mountains. split the head pipe to hook up both sidepipes. did the interior to look like it was done during the glory days of vannin. looking to put a 300 in it soon.

Attached Files:

12. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Mikevango thats way cool. whats that on the door in the second picture?

13. Don't know if anyone has posted pics, but there will never be an econoline pickup as cool as the GoNuts Nut Wagon later to be repainted as the Alfred E. Neuman Jug Band Wagon owned by Mel Bergman of Phantom Surfers fame. Coop was heavily involved in both paint jobs. If anyone has a pic, please post. Coop? Anyone? These trucks were funny as all get out!! D.

14. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

Thanks - anyone else confim this?

15. JimSibley

JimSibley

here was my chevy.375 horse 327, man that thing was fun.

Attached Files:

16. erock805

erock805

36chev...go to the oldeconoes yahoo group. Or econosrus they will tell ya. You need to get involved with them anyway.

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

Usually, yes, but I don't think it was a hard and fast rule. A friend used to have a H/D 64 and it had a 9" and a 170.

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

19. BobG

BobG

I've got a 65, just got it a few weeks back, rebuilt the carb on the 6 cylinder and looking forward to driving it, It's got to be a cold ride this winter, not one stitch of insulation just pure metal interior.

Question I have is, Does anyone make restoration parts for them?

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

Read through these threads. You can get most mechanical parts, but very little sheet metal. Trim, bezels, etc all comes from ebay

21. rev106

rev106

The go nuts wagon is a dodge a100.

the super duty vans had a 9" rear end standard, more heavier leaves? they are just better platforms for roddin' out.

22. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Dennis Carpenter has a whole catalog of econoline parts. Just google him and the site will come up

23. BobG

BobG

Thanks for the info.

24. Hellfish

Hellfish

Mac's has a better selection and is cheaper. BTW, no one has a "whole catalog of Econo parts. Carpenter's catalog is a few pages within their truck catalog. Same goes for Mac's, but they just carry more stuff.

But like I said, you can get mechanical parts easily... Mac's, Dennis Carpenter, NAPA, AutoZone, etc.

25. enemy2fashion

enemy2fashion
    from USA

This Thread is so good!...

26. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Count me in. Just brought this 62 earlier this week. Its ROCK SOLID (which is incredible for Ohio) and I'm the thrid owner. Later, Bill
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I know the one in that pic is an a100, but didn't they have an Econoline at one time too? Seems to me I remember reading an article years ago in Gearhead about it once. Had a big iron cross stitched into the headliner?

28. saw this freakshow earlier this week!

29. BUTCHER WILL

BUTCHER WILL

I just picked up a 1967 Window Van!

Runs and drives good!

I think the paint job will be short lived though!!!!

Attached Files:

30. erock805

erock805

Hellfish...whats up with the progress?