Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs HAMB Merc Club! who's in?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

1. BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

February 6-8th,2009 "Merc Drive IN"

I've been asked to organize and take control of the Merc Drive In,outside of the ''60th Anniversary of the 1949 Mercury",at the Sacremento Autorama in February. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I will be driving up on the 5th and staying all weekend.
    ANYONE with a Mercury,1939-1959 can enter and park outside the display. Stock,Custom,Mild,WILD,painted,un-painted,finished,un-finished,primered,running or NOT! That pretty much includes EVERYBODY!!!! Why drive all the way there and park your Merc in the parking lot! $50 gets you and your car inside so you can park with all the other Mercs!
    If you are interested,or plan on going,PM me your address and i'll send you a registration form. It's $50, which includes you,your car,and a 3-day pass. Or you can go to www.RODSHOWS.com and download a registration form.
    I will be posting a thread about this event,so look for it and post that you are going,so I can make a list of HAMBers that are attending.
    If there are any questions just ask and if I don't know the answer...I"LL GET THE ANSWER!!!
    THIS IS A MERCURY OWNERS DREAM EVENT! Don't miss it!

2. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

so the 6th is the official first day of the show?

3. Yes,Friday,Saturday,and Sunday.

4. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

im gonna try my hardest to make it out there, i have some friends that live in LA, but thats still like a 5 hour drive to sacramento

5. Yep! Will be a long drive for me too. I'm 50 miles farther than LA! I'm getting there! Even if I have to tow it there,lol....

6. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

Don't have one right now. I'll try to get one here in a couple of days.

7. I had a 49 coupe, a 50 4dr and a 49 4dr. The 49 2dr donated it's roof and doors and some other parts to convert the 50 4dr into a 2dr. I chopped the top 4.5 front and 5.5 rear with slanted posts. I'm going for a Bettancourt look with the chop. The 49 4dr was a CHEAP parts car I couldn't let be crushed.

8. Any pic's?

9. CathyH

CathyH

This is the 1st time I've tried posting a pic on the new HAMB. Hopefully, this a a pic of my '51 Merc

Attached Files:

10. mikes51

mikes51

I like how that rear window is laid down. Nice chop.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  11. Did you buy it like that or did someone do the work for you? Don't see alot of chopped 4drs.

12. CathyH

CathyH

The guy that I bought it from did the chop. Fat Hack did the brakes, wiring and several other things. I'm in the process of getting it mechanically sound before bagging it, changing the grille, etc.

13. Will try to get you pics this week.

14. Nice chop Cathy, look forward to more pics.

15. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Picked up another 51 today.......

Attached Files:

16. That's great!!! Looks pretty nice! Pink wheels are a nice touch,lol...Are you gonna chop this one?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  17. Saw a really nice '51 going north on the 5 frwy,today on the way home. It was on a trailer heading somewhere. It was black,chopped,hard-topped,WWW's,pinstriped. I tried to get a pic,but it went by too fast. Haven't seen it before,and believe me....I would know! HA HA!

18. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

hey does anyone know if there is a thread already started about different grilles in mercs??? ive searched but havent been able to find something on one

19. That's looking pretty nice! Odd to see a straight car like that with no bumpers and "scab" wheels and tires. What's the story?

20. You can check the "49-51 Mercs" thread. Lots of pic's on there. Or I can post pic's on here. What are you looking for?

21. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

nothing imparticular really, i was just day dreaming today on all the different possibilities and wondering what, if i ever got to that point, i would run

22. So,will you be able to go to Sacremento?

23. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

i dunno, we were talking about it yesterday...what would help ALOT is if the damn '62 would sell

24. Yea,I hear ya! At least I live here in SoCal,so it won't be too bad economicly.

25. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

but like i said im gonna try like hell!!!

26. Dreadman said he might drive up with me,so that would be cool! Maybe we will split a room or something...

27. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

First off, I can't bring myself to chop it, Bob. But the pink rims are definitely coming off, SOON!

I have a garage full of stuff with intention of redoing my first 51, but got talked out of it. Finally sold a car and was looking for another Merc to put all the goodies on and in it. I found this one and same thing. The body is probably nicer than the other one and the trim, bumpers and the rest of the chrome is in great shape. The car has an Art Morrison frame is set up for airbags, big block chevy, and an 480LE transmission. It has a rack and pinion, tubular a-arms, a 9 inch, and 4 wheel disc brakes.

I'm not going to do any body mods, repainting it black, and going to run 53 Caddy caps.

28. Sounds great! I sent you a PM about that interior. What's the deal??? I'm listening!!!!

29. mikes51

mikes51

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192705
    Pages and pages of Mercs.

But here I think is a pic that shows the two extremes. You've got the "wide" look on the left and the classic narrow "floating" look on the right.
    My merc on the left.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008