Register now to get rid of these ads!

North Carolina H.A.M.B.ers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilone0528, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Yeah the BJ Auction thing is for people with money that dont mind spending and losing money. I tried explaining the same thing to these people that it's not the car that is worth all the money, it's the work, time and parts/money put into them that make them worth what they are. I've helped build $200,000 hot rods for people and when they went to turn around to sell them they didn't get half of that back from it. BTW, sakowskimotors, you will have a PM here in a second...

2. enemy2fashion

enemy2fashion
    from USA

Im down to rescue anything right now... I need a winter project.

3. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

My 1950 Buick is still in Sylva, NC and I need to get it and I dont have the means (as in tow truck or car dolly) to pull it back home!

4. dcroadsters

dcroadsters
    from USA

yo whats happening, im in central nc 50 north of charlotte

5. mx6262

mx6262

Need Bail Money......

Here in outside of Charlotte, NC

Count me in.......Where, when,

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Man that's west of Waynesville. The sticks for sure.The Mountains. Winter. Hmmm.... Do you have a tow vehicle?

we do have a rescue mission going to Autryville in the next couple weeks. Gonna bring one of my employee's Galaxie and El Camino back.

7. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Is anyone going to the open house????, f@#k wish I could buy something already, but dammit I'm trying fto hold out or a 5 window chevy or big window ford or chevy...
    Anyone..
    I've been to Wilmington, nice town (compared to Jaxsonville)... I'm thinking about going to this, anyone else DOWN!!!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  8. I'd LOVE to go, but I have prior plans. I'll catch the new shop in the spring maybe for the Azalea Festival that Wilmington has in April (I think?).

If I were you (which I'm not, obviously) and had the afternoon, I'd be down to the open house in a heartbeat. What is it, an hour to Wilmington from JAX?!?! Go and have enough fun for the two of us!

9. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

I'm in Kannapolis. Just about to fire up the model A !!! We are shooting to take abunch of cars to the Run to the Sun in Myrtle Beach in March.Anybody else?

10. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

We're all rollin down ...Retarded Sparks. We leave that Thurs. morning, meeting up at the Mc D's in Lancaster about 9:30. LOast year we had 22 cars and 30+ people, we have a good time. Fall in if you want.

11. rtp

rtp

ol'chevy , when is it ? I just mite bring the olds if nobody cares that it has air ,power seat power steer,power brakes ,auto trans,72 olds motor,faded blackpaint,faded flames,leaky headers ,hub caps of a 65 delta,and the interior i did 12 years ago.
    Its load its ugly its comfortable its quick enuf and it goes where i want it to_Oh and it gets realy crappy gas mileage.

12. Jeff J

Jeff J

Down here in Wingate

13. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

The weekend of March 13-15. Fall in, we have everything from a 63 vette grand sport clone, 40 chevy gasser, surf wagons, 'Vettes...chopped up of course, hot rods, my truck, Killer muscle cars, primered rides, one of th ecleanest street/drag vegas you will ever see. Come to have a blast, leave attitudes at home. We have several stops and bullshit sessions, and last year took a tour of Diamondback Tires factory.

14. redhumphries

redhumphries

ol chevy that 63 vette wouldn't happen to be white with blue strips would it and a tall guy named James driving.

15. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

I am looking forward to the Myrtle Beach in March. What else is good within 4 hours of Wilmington?
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com
    OPEN HOUSE SAT DEC 13, 2008 1-4PM

16. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Yeah, that is James. Any of you Charlotte boys..The retarded sparks Christas party is Friday night at Jame's shop. $5 head, lots of pizza and drinks, lots of B.S. Come on down. If interested, I can get you directions.

17. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

You can shoot over from wingate, pick up 601s. to 52. You can fall in with us at 903/52 between Pageland and Mc Bee.

18. Jeff J

Jeff J

Like to go that would be great ! Don't have anything cool to drive right now have to ride way in the back! But I hope I don't have to eat grits!! I thought grits were wall paper paste!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  19. Just outside of Monroe N.C

20. Jeff J

Jeff J

My wifey says yes ! Need directions If any body needs a ride there i have room for three!possible four if your small!!

21. Where exactly are you? I am off 485 and Providence right on the NC/SC border as well.

22. Where exactly outside of Monroe?
    And as for a cruise in, we need to start holding one somewhere around here. A South 21 off indepenence and 485 is a great location with a big parking lot. Would be nice to get some old traditional rods, customs, and T's out there instead of the usual camaro, nova, Mustangs like every show here has and that are all in the color of red. :rolleyes:

23. Jeff J

Jeff J

Town called Wingate . But I'M out the in county about 8 miles north of 74 . Lawyer road and Mcintyre R
    oad right by Richardson creek in my back yard !

24. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

yeah just a little bit past it about 15 mins! There is an awesome shop that I used to work at up there. and the owner and I started ripping my buick apart (along with the other 30 some projects we had for other people), and some shit went down with a roomate and I had to get out of there quick and its been sitting up there for the last six months, I just about have it in mind to go up there finish it up to where it is safe and drive it the fuck home! the weather hasnt been to bad from what Ive heard but Im getting restless but I dont have a car hauler.

25. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

any thing going on this week in Raleigh, NC i will be there all week for work i think im staying in carry

26. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

For the Run to the Sun, we usually stay at the Sand Castle South...Has a great parking deck to hang out in.

27. jroberts

jroberts

There will be a cruise and car show in Carolina Beach March 27 & 28 (Friday night cruise -- Saturday show) more and more traditional types of stuff there every year. Check out the link http://www.suncoastcruisers.com/

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Nah, we're just hanging out. Drop me a line if you have some free time. I'm out sick today, but I'll be in the shop all week otherwise. There are some good bars downtown.

29. Carolina Kid

Carolina Kid

I live in Lumberton, NC.

John

30. Jeff J

Jeff J

Anybody going to the open house shop tour at the coast this weekend (WILMINGTON)? :confused::confused::confused:What time leaving and meet where?