Register now to get rid of these ads!

North Carolina H.A.M.B.ers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilone0528, Aug 6, 2006.

1. 2manybillz

2manybillz

I missed this the first time around - I'm off 485 in south Charlotte - right at the NC/SC border.

2. lavenderblue50

lavenderblue50

Here in Belmont/ Mt. Holly (better known as Mt. Hollywood:D)! South 21 would be great in the Charlotte area (although the one near Crickett arena has better vintage Drive In atmosphere, just like it was in the 50's, 60's, neon lights, car hops, drive in movie style speakers and everything):cool:. We need to get some Kool Kats and Kittens together from this area and let people see some "real" Kool Kustoms. I get so tired of going to a lot of the shows around here and see the same "resto" rods, 57 chevies, 68 camaros, novas:eek:, ect.:mad:.

Hey, BloodyKnucks, you Northerners do like Hamburgers don't you:D? I know you don't have a high opinion of our BBQ. BTW, I need to get up with HOTDAMN about some FAtman stuff for my '50.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yes, we love hamburgers. I am in Huntersville so I'm in between all of you fellers.

4. skwurl

skwurl

Im near N.C. I may be up fer a drive If a location is decided

5. mopartim

mopartim

I'm in Greensboro/Asheboro area. A NC get together would be Ace.:D

6. What's up man?? I haven't seen or heard from you in a long time. I've been watching for you at all the local events.
    I'm totally up for a burger. There used to be a cruise-in at the South 21 on South Blvd. It didn't last too long. I think that would be a neat location for a get-together.

Maybe we could start a separate thread for the HAMB "Meat" and Greet. What do you guys think?

BloodyKnuckles

7. grapp

grapp

Hey Im all up for that cept I have nothing to cruise with yet~ Im here in salisbury~

8. Man, you could have that "T" built in no time:D

BloodyKnuckles

9. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

I will be having an open house party in about a month, I will post it when I know when.
    I hope to meet you guys there.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

10. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Hey Kreepea I work on KC-135s at Seymour Johnson, what do you do at Cherry Point? Man, I really want a truck so I may just pass on bringing the coupe, I've looked into transport from a dude here, but his prices are fucking stupid so that money can be used to buy another ride so that's what I may just do...

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

ChuckleHead_Al, why don't you wait til we all go to the Roundup in the spring and you can catch a ride with one of us and drive your coupe back in the pack!

12. 31whitey

31whitey

Ya man.

I will have some room in my trailer for parts...we could theoretically dismantle your car...and bring it back in pieces for nothing man..

Sounds crazy...but they come apart so easy.

13. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

OPEN HOUSE SATURDAY DECEMBER 13, 2008 FROM 1 UNTIL 4PM............. I will hang around later and have some fun if there are a bunch of folks in from out of town.
    This is a just got moved in mostly party.
    Look forward to seeing you guys. The address is at the top of the shop tour www.sakowskimotors.com, but here it is also.

1314 Castle Hayne Road, Wilmington, NC 28401.
    910 399 5939

*** If anyone wants to go for a surf beforehand. I am thinking about a beachcruise and surf mid morning if there are any waves at all. I will let you guys know about this. Might be fun to just do a cruise anyway down by the beach. I will post info on here and at the top of the shop tour on www.sakowskimotors.com

p.s. The old FED featured in the last Ol' Skool Rodz number 31, will be here. The Bonneville lakester is here now. I sold the FED to a guy, and it is being shipped here for us to finish.
    Wil

also, I am still looking for folks to fill the team for the future.
    I think I might give up on finding an apprentice, and just get a shop dog.

Open House Thread http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...11#post3308811 <!-- / message --> <!-- edit note -->

14. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I'm in Pineville...So. Charlotte. Retarded sparks should representin' at the Hendrick show on Sat. I'll have the striping kit....you need pinstripe?
    [​IMG]

15. starion88esir

starion88esir

That's a nice looking Chevy you have.

16. ol Chevy, I know that truck. I used to work near Pineville in Fort Mill at Larry J's Automotive. You used to drive by once in a while and I used to always wonder who owned the truck. You have one of my most favorite Chevy trucks. I want to build a 48 or 50's Chevy like that with 53 buick headlights, the wood rails on the bed like that, slammed and plain black in color.
    I have always wanted to look at that truck up close. I am about 20 minutes from Pineville near Rae Road and Providence.

17. BigScott666

BigScott666
    from East Coast

Jacksonville, NC here. Wow...surprised I missed this thread!!! I'm currently deployed overseas....won't be back until the end of March.

I think I've seen a few of you guys around....been to the GG show last year...missed it this year due to deployment.

I also hit up the SMOKEOUT and Heavy Rebel.....every year!!

I own this 36 Chevy.....
    [​IMG]

18. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I worked at Larry J's for a short while...holy shit is he a nutjob. I did the first sign he had. I live in Danby, on old Lancaster Hwy. I am all over the place in the truck. You should head up to the show with us Saturday. We're meeting at a shop near woodlawn and 77 at 10 and roll in in force. PM me and I'll give you better details.

19. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

20. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

didnt know nothing about this thread! Im out of the apex area! anyone up for a rescue mission?

21. Sounds good man, I actually have training for the fire department on Saturday from 8 to about 12:00. Will it still be going on after that? If so then I can make it up in the 68 Lincoln possibly.

22. enemy2fashion

enemy2fashion
    from USA

Where are the cool junkyards near Charotte?.... Im new to the area.. I live in Charlotte work in Mooresville.

23. Not many but there is one in I think Blacksburg or Belmont down 85. Also Pull A Part in Charlotte. Not that great but not much around here that I know about with old tin.

24. rtp

rtp

RTP here south west of shelby. Good junk yards mostly gone. Still some stuff behind houses/barns BUT going fast seems everybody scraping old stuff now.And what they dont scrap they think with some compound it will bring television auction money!
    You guys ever do set aday time place I'll drive the 48 olds (my avatar ) I have had
    since '78.
    Week ends coming up Now do I go to shadyside (drag strip 2miles away) or Cherokee
    speedway (8 miles away rounde round dirt track) ?
    NO- Cant do this week end sunday is 25 years married to the girl that helped change
    a bad starter on our first date.
    Hope yall have this good of luck.
    rtp

25. Man you could say that again. Everyone is scrapping what they have and if selling they think they have a west coast auction car that they saw on BJackson sell for over $100,000. I had a guy come into a shop I worked at with a rusted peice of junk that seriously wasn't even worth $2500 and he said he saw the same kind of car go for over $100,000 on BJ and wanted $20,000 for his. I laughed and sent him to the office. I went back up and him and his friend were talking about the Barrett Jackson cars they saw for sale on TV.
    Anyways I was just in Shelby the past weekend at Cleveland Community College off 74 for fire training.

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

watcha want to rescue? :rolleyes:

27. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

What people don't realize about BJ Auctions is the quality of car. Guys are selling a car for $50,000, but he just finished putting $150,000 into the restoration. I know guys on the really rare cars putting $500,000 per restoration. But, the cars are worth $10,000,000. Very different that someones rusting hulk or daily driver for sure.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com
    Dec 13 OPEN HOUSE

28. willz2155

willz2155
    from NC

im down in fayetteville but im originally from new york so this place is like a different planet for me, even though everyone says this is pretty city like for the south. there is not much of a scene around here, but if there are any get togethers i would be town for traveling a little ways. as far as junk yeards go i did hear from a guy that owns a junk yard here in town about a place thats on the out skirts of ft. bragg that has tons of hot hot rods and parts and the old guy that owned all of it was a hoarder, but he did a few years ago so the stuff is just sitting out there now. he said getting the old mans wife to talk to you is really hit or miss, because she is sick of people coming out there and poking around. i have not found that place yet, but me a nd buddy found this tiny place that had a few old pickups and panels sitting out in a yard.

29. rtp

rtp

SMF, My brother runs a ful service Chevron on Marion St. near uptown , couple of miles from the college. He calls me in to work on the older stuff. He is to busy with the new crap . He is in to old iron but the new stuff breaks to ,Lot smarter the Iam even has local dealers calling him to help fix new crap.
    Anyway Iam there most saturdays just to stir things up.
    If you come back in to town give us a look.
    rtp

30. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yep, just about every car I see on there, or at least 80%, the owner if he had it built is losing money. I have to explain this almost daily.