Register now to get rid of these ads!

ORIGINAL 53 FOUND (but not in barn)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by muroc 29, Nov 19, 2008.

1. muroc 29

muroc 29

Pops just scored the newest add to the fleet 53 Bel air original paint interior and 32,000 and its clean enough to Believe. Had it a few weeks but had to make her look right with new shoes and a mild drop. Did lots of research on lowering this decided on 86in the upright and cut a coil and a half and 3 inch blocks and it rides bitchen my advice is have it done right if you dont know dont cut with torch and have it aligned and i woud swear to it just my opinion but we didnt want a extreme drop so im just speaking for a mild 2-3 drop Well heres the pic and these ones dont lie the car is that straight Peace

Attached Files:

2. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

3. James427

James427
    BANNED

Pretty cool find.

4. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Wow! That's like winning the lottery. Mechanicals were o.k.?

I've scored some old, low miles rides, and had major mechanical issues with every one, from the brake lines breaking on a '65 442 while driving it home, spinning the lower bearing on a '52 GMC pickup with 3k original miles, while driving it home, and on, and on. I don't drive anything home after I buy it now!

Good luck! It's a beauty!

6. eliguzman

eliguzman

holy chit that thing is awesome

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

What an awsome find. That thing is sweeeeet

8. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

D-D-D-DAMN!!! :eek:

Can I borrow your time machine? I'd like to go back and get one that nice for myself! :p

9. studematt

studematt

Slame it and drive it. Like the lancers jacket!

10. ken1939

ken1939

Nice find thats for sure!

11. Saw you on Del Amo today. That car sits nice.

12. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

thats, from what i gather from the pics, one of the cleanest original cars ive seen. congradulations! any engine pics? was this kept in a climate controlled bubble for 55 years or something?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Geeze, did you whack some old lady in the grocery store parking lot for that? That is one nice original looking ride.

14. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

WOW!!!! That thing is SWEET!!! You need to swing by the SO-CAL Speed Shop in Long Beach so we can drool on it! Jim

15. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

My sawzaw seen that pic, and turned on by itself. Guess its wanting to chop the top. Good looking car...........Enjoy ! ! ! !, if he decides to remove all the trim for some reason, I need it all for mine...........LOL

16. flyin-t

flyin-t

Jack lives right around the corner from me and I stopped in a few weeks ago for a visit in my '30 tudor and got to see this '53, it's unbelievable. The club jacket in the window is Jacks from when he was a kid. And to make things even cooler, the first three letters on the black Ca. plates, JWP, are Jacks initials.

Jack's roadster was featured in the last Hop Up special too.

17. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Merry Christmas, HO HO HO, you lucky thing

18. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Stuff like that really gets my blood flowing and heart pumping right.

Awesome score!!

19. muroc 29

muroc 29

Hey Jim Thanks for the message but its a smaller world than we know my old man and yours know each other pretty well I believe and Richard is like an uncle to me Him and my Dad have been best of friends since kids and lived next to us untill the shop opened on cowles and canal in fact ive been coming to your dads house for the new years day since i was young always in ahh over his collection. I obviously know who you are just dont think ive ever seen or met you but have read some of your threads and it sounds like we grew up much in the same way swap meets instead of camping trips if you know what I mean. My Dad is Jack Plymell Im Brandon so its nice to meet I dont know if you know my dad but I know hes been to the shop last week and he said you were moved in there But anyways its nice to meet a fellow greybeard offspring and its us that has the privelage of being around this old junk to keep it alive I remember all the early times member razzling my old man for flathead shit when billet was hot in late 80s I used to hate the fact that we couldnt go as fast and be as flashy In retrospect its our dads that really knew what was going on cause the purple paint and billet is gone and they still have the flattys and steelies so well have to meet in person soon nice talking