Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can someone ID this front axle?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratbug, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Ratbug

Ratbug
    from Yardley Pa

I am trying to ID this frontaxle on my 31 roadster. I just inherited this, (it was behind my Grandma's barn and destined for the scrap heap). My Uncle built the rod in 65 or 66 and he passed away 12 years ago and nobody knew it was still there. I greatly appreciate any help. Hope these pics are OK, where it's parked I can't get a decent front on shot. Thank's

Attached Files:

2. casper

casper

Please post pics of the whole car. It sounds like you got a great survivor!

3. zzford

zzford

Hard to tell without a clear front shot. I believe its a 46- 48 Ford, judging by the square spindles.

4. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

The front axle looks to be 46 to 48 Ford because of the spring in front of the axle and the square back spindles. Great find and hope you can do something with it.

5. Ratbug

Ratbug
    from Yardley Pa

Thanks for the info. Here's some more shots of the car, and it's resting place for the last 20 some years. It has an aftermarket 2x4 frame, chevy trans and rear. The engine's long gone, but I just picked up a '48 59a with trans and a '46 truck open rear that I'm going to drop in. Of course it needs a little love in the sheetmetal department before I can drive it, but that's part of the fun.

Attached Files:

6. Flatman

Flatman

What's the body from? I'm guessing '30s Chevy coupe with the top cut down, judging by the firewall.
    Fix her back up and carry on the tradition!:D

Flatman

7. Looks like he cut the top off a coupe, but still a cool find, a lot were done that way back in the day.