Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hose clamps period correct one's 40's what are you running.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HELLMET, Nov 17, 2008.

1. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

Mine on an Ardun.Sometimes the wire clamps cant be tightened enough to seal.I used the thumb screw clamps on the oil return lines from the heads to pan.

Attached Files:

2. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

I used these on my wife's coupe too. Not the "spring" type but I thought they were pretty cool.

3. Heres a dumb questions, how tight are you suppost to get those thumb screws? I tightened mine by hand, then took a small cresent and tightened up a little more from there. Well they strip easily??

4. HELLMET

HELLMET

how about the wire that you use a tool with?

5. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

I also used a small cresent on mine.Never stripped one but they will distort if you try and get them too tight........

6. alchemy

alchemy

Might be hard to see in this pic, but I also used the thumbscrew tower clamps. I bought a large boxful for like a quarter a piece years ago. On the fuel lines I use some old Eelco thumbscrew clamps I stole from a 6-carb hex fuel log. The real thing.

I usually tighten mine as far as possible by hand, then give them another half crank with pliers.

As pointed out above, Restoration Supply Co. is a good source for the fuel size clamps, but who makes the radiator size ones new?

Attached Files:

7. Yep, the ol laquer thinner trick worked great, the writing wiped right off!!!

[​IMG]

8. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Here are the ones I have
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. HELLMET

HELLMET

Hey dreadman can i get a few from you for my roadster. Billy

10. I got a catalog in the mail awhile back from a place called restoration supply company somewhere out in california. They had all kinds of old style clamps and just about anything else you could ask for. Not sure that its the same company someone has already posted a link for or not but mite be worth checking into.

11. HELLMET

HELLMET

I have that catalog but i want to see them in person or a good pic before i buy something i dont like or was not what i wanted.billy

12. GuyW

GuyW

I've seen the wire-type on washing machines.

I bet that Grangers (and similar hardware wholesalers) may have these clamps.

Me...I like the "new" aircraft SS screw-types...what could be more "hot rod" than adapting aircraft no-fail parts??

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  13. KoolCoe

KoolCoe

Did you happen to find these at Luky's Hardware? That silver wire through the front of the box looks like a "Luky doing"

14. mistoo

mistoo
    from Sweden

McMaster Carr has the twin ring wire kind

15. trent

trent

16. RPU Rick

RPU Rick

KoolCoe, nice camera. Only on the H.A.M.B could one find such detail and fore thought on such a simple item......I Love It. Rick.