Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects pics of the Edsels, not home yet.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by purple, Nov 18, 2008.

1. purple

purple

Yes they are still at the old resting ground, but the fence is partly down now and we might be able to winch them through the trees without cutting any down. I picked up the wheels to try to get some roller tires for them. We will be moving the first one next monday. They have been sitting over 20 years.

Attached Files:

2. dean4969

dean4969

what are your plans for them??

3. OLLIN

OLLIN

pretty cool find.

4. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Can you imagine the designers giving each other high-5's on completion of the clay models. "That is some clean right angles on that box there Jr, you'll sell millions..."

Actually the best part of the Edsel was the glass and roof. Nice styling there.

5. MissPrint

MissPrint

Nice pair of 58's ya got there! What your plans for them? I mean, if you've got toooo many projects and can't take care of both of'em, I'd be more than willing to help take'em off your hands and provide a good home ;):)

6. chopt49

chopt49

I do Love me some Edsels... nice score!

You find them in Redding?

7. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

8. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

nice,,,good luck with them,,,,,
    is the blue one a 2 door?

9. Dangler

Dangler
    from CHICO, CA

Very cool score! ;)

10. Squablow

Squablow

These are the ones you got for free, right? Can't beat that. The blue one looks like a 4 door hardtop, I like the kickup on the back door near the rear glass on those.

11. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Cool find! I've always liked 'em and my grandfather did too. He said the only reason he couldn't bring himself to buy one back in the day, was the "toilet seat" grille. When you cut them down in to a roadster... that grille looks like it was made for it. :)

For the record I think they're neat lookin' cars...

12. purple

purple

Plan is to get the pink 4 door post running. Pretty much stock for the wife. It's one of her dream cars. Then a mild bellflower for the 4 door hardtop. I'll drive that one. This means the 21 Dodge is gonna step to the back burner. I'm thinkin of selling the Roth trike project, wife is afraid of me ridin bikes and trikes. I did sell my 1/2t 64 Ford truck, still got the 3/4t 64 to sell.

13. OLLIN

OLLIN

sorry to hijack, but anyone got a 361 intake? pm me if so. its for a friend trying to make it to GNRS

14. rixrex

rixrex

Save the Edsels..I was given a 58 2DHT rust bucket, went over to get it and saw that it was sitting on its drums, no problem, I'll just take the wheels off my 59 parts car and put them on..don't fit!..58s had their own bolt pattern..found some 58 wheels for $35 each about 100 miles away..way too much trouble for a rusty parts car so it still sits...

15. great find. cant wait to see the project in action.

16. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

17. The_Monster

The_Monster

those are too cool. god i love 4 doors! the less "main-stream" the better. Nothing like a 4 door stude to fit the bill!

18. purple

purple

Not good. Does anybody know what else has the same pattern? I don't want to buy tires for the stock rims if I can help it cuz they're not gonna be on the road that soon.

19. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Probably 5 on 5" like '55-'60 Merc. As many different directions as Edsel went in '58, the big series cars might be 5 on 5'', the smaller cars 5 on 4 1/2" .

20. purple

purple

21. purple

purple

Well Carnut.com is wrong. Today I met with one friend to look for wheels in his yard. He brought his guage and the bolts are 5 on 5. We found 3 rims that fit, but only 1 held air. Met with another friend that has the trailer. He had 1 wheel from his Jag XK120. When there I found a spare in the trunk that wouldn't open. Had to pull the back seat but saw there is a tail lens in there. It held too. After we got the car dragged out, we decided that it was too low with a flat to get on the trailer, but at least she's "out of the woods". Got a few extra parts and this manual, and the original keys.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  22. purple

purple

Movin out

Attached Files:

23. purple

purple

Here ya go Humbolt Cat!

Attached Files:

• scan.jpg
      scan.jpg
      File size:
      128.9 KB
      Views:
  24. stumpjumper

stumpjumper

I scored this from the junks in San Diego over thanksgiving weekend. front bumper off a 58 edsel. It's going on the back of my 62 f100 (needs narrowing and is upside down in photo hanging from tailgate chains).

Attached Files:

25. Great find, keep us posted.!

26. 5x5 wheels came on about umpteen thousand different GM cars, plus from the sound of it big Merc and Lincoln, and Imperial. Should be easy to find - hit up the junkyard for a 1/2 ton Chevy 2wd pickup.