Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any good samaritans in So-Cal anymore?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by five-duece-chevy, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

More of the "bbgrl49"

Attached Files:

2. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Guess it used to have dual exhaust???

This is what it looked like after we got the drivers rear drum off!!!!

This cart with goodies that was walked across the street I dont think will ever see battle again and will be new wheels for the parts cart!!!!

Thats all I got had to leave early for lunch with the wife and parents.. had a good time though...Mitch is a stand up guy...I was asking him about and open house BBQ after the guy next door leaves!!!!

Attached Files:

3. barney rubble

barney rubble

Thanks for the pics. The car looks to be in pretty good shape basically. Is there any background on the car and owner? Like how old a person are we talking here and has the car been in her family for years or was a late husbands or what. You know there has to be some kind of history here with the exhaust and the overall condition of the thing. Sounds like everything considered the floor pans may be the big job to getting this back on the road safely. But you all seem to have everything under control. Good job you can be proud when you are done. Now about them cookies she was talkin about.;););)

4. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

If they are the same for 1952, I could give you the ones off my car, as I won't be needing them after the frame swap.

5. the truck and car shop in the city of orange have them. they have rebuild kits or the whole w.cyl.

http://www.truckandcarshop.com/

complete rear wheel cyl. part # 49-07810 $48. each

complete front wheel cyl. part # 49-078051 (left) Part # 49-078052 (right) $53. each

OR

wheel cyl rebuild kits.

part # 49-07814 (front) $13 each

doesn't seem to have a rebuild kit for the back or maybe just not listed in my catalog.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

You guys are the best! MY hats off to you all!!!!!

7. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

mitch order them if you want and I could deliver like i said... No job leaves me with some time on my hands!
    John

8. Frosty2

Frosty2
    from Hambone,IN

Wow,Thanks for renewing my faith in mankind.After mostly hearing of the bad in the world,you guys are to be commended.Once in a while good deeds do happen to good people.I'm sure the lady will never forget your help and compassion.Way to go.

9. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

thanks for the pics guys, it's cool to see, and see you guys workin on it!

Cheers and beers
    Hodge

10. napa has rebuild kits for $3.99 each

front # up 36 (1 1/8" bore)
    rear # up 21

master # up 167 $18.49
    new master # up 17916 $249.00 :eek:

11. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

This is as good as it gets, No other hobbyists I know of would go out of their way(s)
    like you guys have. I'm a firm believer in what comes around goes around. Here's proof of that!!

12. racer756

racer756

You guys are alright!!

13. SICBOY

SICBOY

You guys did a really good thing to help someone out, that you dont even know, thats awesome, :cool:

14. duste01

duste01

Kool Jewel Guys,

I aint got much, but willing to share.......are ya still needing?

15. atch

atch

good on all of you guys.

16. PoPo

PoPo

ok so my internet went down saturday morning. I have been itching to get back online and check to see what happened..

Thanks for the pics, Im glad I could help buy some parts and the drinks, I just wish I could have been there to get some grease under my nails.

When the car leaves can someone get a pic of the lady smiling next to it, maybe even a Fonz thumbs up!!! lol

Good stuff guys, its like a christmas gift given early!!

glad to be part of the HAMB

17. 68wagon

68wagon

now thats some awsome shit

18. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Great job HAMBers! I wish I'd seen this thread earlier so I could have been there to watch and learn, and maybe lend a hand cleaning parts or something.

19. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

I think they still have more to do, they are gathering up some parts... so msg alteredpilot or stay tuned.

-W

20. i know you said you have the carb and air cleaner taken care of. but if it's doesn't work i have spares (1 carb and 3 chrome louvered air cleaners)......all my 235 stuff is long gone.

21. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

The Fonz? I thought we said he was a fuckin' nerd. Naaa, Mitch is more like " Carmine, "The Big Ragu"!

22. Yeah...
    all i need is a purple satin jacket and some really tight 501's

oh, wait...
    that would suck. for everyone involved.

AAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!

23. five-duece-chevy

five-duece-chevy
    from PA

How are things coming along?

24. This is the HAMB at it's finest.

25. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about an update !! I for one would like to see what you did and maybe get some details. This is a great thing and it should not go un-noticed.

26. OKAY...
    so as of the first one day thrash...

we got a new clutch disc and pressure plate in, re-installed the transmission, replaced the output shaft yoke, replaced the broken brake return spring, adjusted the brakes and e-brake, set the preload on the front wheel bearings, put plugs in it and took it for a spin.

didn't have a chance to get into the shop this weekend.

we found rear floor pans in the trunk, but the ones in the car look solid. i need to order some fronts and get someone to come down and install them. we got a carb and air cleaner that i'll get around to installing as soon as i get a minute. i need to get the reg. stickers on the car so i can drive the things so we can get the clutch broken in.

things are super wacko right now so as soon as i nail down an open saturday, i"ll put the word out for thrash day number two.

thanks again to EVERYONE involved!

27. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

alteredpilot, you are truly the real deal. This will all come back around to you one day !!

28. jerry

jerry

This is H.A.M.B.eriffic!

You are gaeeting a big plus balance in your Karma bank! Just wish I was closer to be able to help out.

jerry

29. Thanks to Happy Hoppy who volunteered to do the front pans...
    i'll be calling you within a couple of weeks.

30. PoPo

PoPo

I think Karma is working. I have had some nice things come to me lately, I didn't do this for myself, I did it to help a hot rodder but I wont refuse nice things coming my way. I love this place. THE HAMB RULES