Register now to get rid of these ads!

Canadian newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by R49MNRK, Nov 15, 2008.

1. R49MNRK

R49MNRK

Mornin' people from a far north car person. As you guessed, I'm new to HAMB. From Alberta,Canada where we get snow and COLD for about 6 to 7 months of the year. The rest is construction.Today is 38 degrees F, just a light sweater day for some of us. For the last 25+ years I've done body/paint on many friend's vehicles, now it's time to do my own.
    The ride attached is my 49 Monarch 4 door original from here in Alberta. It has a 255 flat head, 3 speed standard which was rebuilt many years ago. i want my own mild custom, so over the winter it will transform into a newer running suspension with a BB/auto(Ford of course), and some body mods.
    I also have a 50 Monarch 4 door, which i stripped down and am selling for parts. All body parts are interchangable with the 49/50 Mercury. The only differences are in the Grilles,some Chrome pieces, and Interiors.
    I'll update pictures as i progress.
    Al

Attached Files:

2. Welcome, fellow Canuck; I'm originally from Calgary....twill be good to see some Canadian cars again. Be prepared for some good-natured kidding,eh.....

Looks like a pretty rust-free body on your Monarch; have fun with the project...

3. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Hey kat, welcome aboard the hamb. great to see another western canadian sleddin fellow on here. Your project looks very similar to my brothers ride... My bro picked up a 51 monarch 4 door, still original paint, 36000 mile car that he is 3rd owner of now... dropped it on the ground, dropped in a late model injected 5.3 and drives it non stop. This year he took it to B'ville s 60th anniversary meet, 3000 mile round trip and not a problem, towin a trailer the whole way doin like 80mph. Look forward to seeing what you do to yours. Heres a pic of my brothers...

[​IMG]

4. Iwannagofast

Iwannagofast

hey fellow Canuk, if you find yourself heading to Ontario pop in.
    Randy

5. Iwannagofast

Iwannagofast

sorry, same goes for Kruzer63 and 36Rokit. This little Falcon towed a hardtop from here to Vancouver Island and home in 1985. It's a 302/C4 and my wife built the motor! On the way we stopped at the A&W in Saskatoon I think it was, had a buddy from Ontario, living in Alberta pull in beside us in a 67 G.M.C. panel truck. Weird. I loved the drive on #17.

6. HotRod33

HotRod33

Welcome from a little warmer climate in St Louis Mo........Cool cars

7. Welcome to the HAMB Al I like the looks of your Monarch those grilles are hard to find down here. Keep us posted on your progress, Hank

8. Welcome to the board. I have a Monarch too, a 51 that's slumbering away in the garage.

9. Kanadia Kev

Kanadia Kev

10. fast Ed

fast Ed

Welcome!! I was through Sherwood Park last month when I was taking one of my cars out to its new owner in Leduc.

cheers
    Ed N.

11. 1927Tudor

1927Tudor