Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KCCOS, Nov 12, 2008.

1. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'd keep looking... the frame is junk with that IFS.

3. 067chevy

067chevy

the add says best offer. Not that bad of body from the pictures. Go look at it if its close. I agree the frame and IFS are junk.

4. I'd offer a grand.

5. draggin50

draggin50
    from Ohio

It seems frames are cheap and plentiful. I'd make an offer. Either he'll take it or not.

6. RodStRace

RodStRace

7. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

You guys are crazy! Id buy it , but im up north and we dont have nice tin like that. You could chop that front end off Z the frame or what ever you wanna do . Sell the front end !I could get 3000 for that body up in boston. I just sold one of those fenders for 225 at a swap meet a few weeks ago ,theres two there .winsheild frame s there. I just built a frame and the stock alone cost $600 . But you really have to look at it up close, At the work that was done is it a bondo bucket ? Is the chop done right ?looks good in the pics but they always do

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  8. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

thanks for the replys guys. I will call him tomm. and talk to him to see what he has to say about. Maybe he can send me btter pics.

9. 3Mike6

3Mike6

Really? Assuming the tin is good, where can you find a body like that for the same price?

If IFS hurts your nads..well, nothing that a steady hand with a torch won't cure.

So for those who says "No", anyone care to show something as good for less money?

10. JEPPA

JEPPA

Ya, start at $1000.00 if you think the body is good. It would be better if you go see it. Bring some talking money and strike a deal. Be firm about the frame being worth nothing because it really is the honest truth.

11. raven

raven

You're just buying the body in this deal.
    That being said, it's a reasonable price for a good body.
    We can whip up a proper frame in a weekend.
    r

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I say go for it..
    Frames can be built..you would probably want to build a better one that that anyways...the body looks ok..see how low he will go, and let him know the frame means nothing to you in the purchase, and if he wants it, he can keep it.

Or hell ..I didnt look close enough..but cut that shit off of it and re do it with a traditional front suspension..
    Metal is very workable..and thats what cutting torches were made for.

13. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

I called a left a message. We will see if they call back. Any more thoughts?

14. See how low he will be willing to go and if it feels good to you go for it and if ya don't have one go get yourself a cutting torch and get started

15. raven

raven

Scrape that idea and buy the one you found that runs!
    r

16. mercjoe

mercjoe

body looks pretty good actually.

17. $2200? I'd say that body is definitely worth that if you want a Tudor. Chop the MII off and put an A crossmember back in. no big thing

18. solid

solid

Its worth it.

19. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Heres how I do it.

Show up with a trailer in tow,cash in-hand,be straight-forward with the guy,and tell him to tell you what he absolutely must get back out of it.

And after he tells you,offer 10%-20% less.

Most of the time they see that you are a serious buyer ready to take it off of their hands right then and there.

Just worked the other night,got a screaming deal on a `62 CJ5,I think I stole it actually.

20. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

I called and got him down to $1800. He said the doors have lower patch work done but not finished and little rust in spots around the bottom. The firewall has had a patch done on the lower part. The roof is a van roof he thinks that has been welded on but not finished. Not sure about that. It has a 4 link in the rear. So what do you all think now?

Thanks, Mike

21. 067chevy

067chevy

Buy it. If it were a little closer I would. Thats a petty good deal. If you need another frame I got a stock one in mint condition for 250.00

22. Fenders

Fenders

I'm in Mass. also and Robert's right, up here it's a good buy... I'd buy it !!

23. I've sold shittier ones for more money, to guys who walked up and offered it, everything it's missing you were probably going to toss for newer stuff anyways.

24. slammed1

slammed1

Got to love freshly rinsed sheetmetal in sale ads. I think the new price is decent but wouldnt commit until I could go inspect the body and patch/chop work.

25. PoPo

PoPo

ok so would $600 be good for a 29 Tudor that needs patches still? I can pick one up tomorrow for that and I have been debating on it.

sorry to hijack, just didn't want to start a new thread on "what its worth"

26. 067chevy

067chevy

Sounds like it

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I'd do it...you know you want to:D
    go get it man..you got time to build it..no hurry..
    if you dont someone will:cool: