Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whadja get done this weekend thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plmczy, Nov 9, 2008.

1. plmczy

plmczy

Friday I went to Harry's U Pull-it with my friend to get a set of leaf springs for his wifes chevy truck. I was scoping out a older dodge truck for an electronic dizzy when my buddy came around the front carrying a real nice DeSoto hubcap which I got for $4.25. I had this show up in my backyard between saturday and today, let the backaches begin. later shawn
    [​IMG]

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Spent Saturday at a car show with the Burb. Sunday kinda just hung out. No wrenching of any value. It was fun.

3. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

4. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

painted my 36 plymouth engine.
    Rebecca

5. n1gzd

n1gzd
    from Acton, MA

Forgot to mention. set 4 mousetraps.
    Rebeca

6. Wikster

Wikster
    from Phoenix

Rebeca, flat 6? got a pic?

7. mtlcutter

mtlcutter

Not a damn thing!! Grrr.

8. Talked about working on my cars. Instead of actually working on them. Oh well on to more procrastination.

9. gonzo2424

gonzo2424

Absolutely nothing... Have been sick, got the energy to get up earlier to get oil and filter to change but thats about it. Spent $3500 to get the Powerglide fixed Friday, pretty much the beginning of a horrible weekend.

10. ...man, ...that's a back yard!

11. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I took the T our for the last ride of the season. It is going in for a heart transplant so I wanted to remember what it looked like when I bought it BEFORE I changed it

[​IMG]

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Ahh, wood heat... The heat source that warms you twice. Once when you cut it, chop it, and stack it, and once when you burn it.:D Nice score Shawn, but I had a good weekend too...

I picked up a rough 34 rpu cowl, 34 pu grille shell/radiator with the trim, headlight bar, one blc light, and a free moving stromberg EE1 base carb from a guy. Matt and I also dragged 46mopar to R&R and snatched a pair of minty 90 fin buick drums, and a 48 banjo rear for the grand total of.......

.......$145. uh-huh!:cool:

Matt got a cool set of gauges for his T and an aluminum corvair box for $30 too!

13. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Drove 750 miles to get a 57 Dynaflow! Unloaded it last night. Oh, BTW: cut the grass and dethatched it! Dunno if that counts toward HAMB credits though, LOL.

Tonight measure all my transmissions and get some furniture dollies tomorrow at Harbie, then get them put somewhere in the gaaraage for safe keeping.

Next weekend is the workout!

14. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

took the trans out of the car thinking maybe the easy way out of just replacing the input shaft bearing and throw out bearing would solve my noise problem .. no such luck still driveable lol .. next step drain the case and take the side cover off .

15. Bought insulation for the shop with the $500.00 Lowes gift card I recieved form GM when I bought a new company car! Traded my old welder for a heater for said same shop. Kinda of a car weekend.

16. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

which harrys u pull it did you go too ?

17. Got the interior tore out of my '56. Got some seat covers from that guy on here and ebay. The front seat bottom was shot so had to get foam and batting and rebuild that. The front backs were a piece of cake but the rear back is givin' me a fit. Apparently wasn't made for a Ford. Am gettin' there though. Put gauges under the dash. Have had them for nearly a year and doin' that while the seats are out. A lot easier. Have to find some GE 57 bulbs for dash lights. Almost done with all of that once I figure out what to do with that back seat. Other than that, nothing ... watched Nascar races and an FSU football game.

18. olskool_37

olskool_37
    from Michigan

Got my '28 ford cowl cleaned up and sealed waiting for steel to arrive to build the tub for my RPU.

Attached Files:

19. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

My girlfriend, her cousin, our best friend and I went to our new house and beat the place with hammers haha. They demo'd, I did electrical work and we put up some new sheetrock. Got 1/2 the living room to look like a "room" and got the new garage almost ready to work in! Im super stoked, its not huge by any far stretch, but MUCH bigger than what Im used to with 2 clear level acres around it. Going to be much easier to work on stuff, thats for sure.

Then came back up to the diner last nite and randomly ran into Bruce Lancaster! :D

[​IMG]

20. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Helped the kid with his first shave, we shaved the doors and the trunk lid.

Attached Files:

21. LAROKE

LAROKE

Laid on my back under my truck and installed a new rear main bearing seal. Now, I have two leaks where I used to have one but the education wuz priceless!

22. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Chopped my 37 cab.

23. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Saturday ... wake up at 5 drive out to disneyland for the day (my fiance.. I have never seen an adult so excited to go to disney...)

so that on sunday I could get this stuff

MY airco 250 250 single phase tig welder I bought off ebay for 300$

picked up my welder in san dimas

Than went down to oddrods shop (some REALLY needs to buy his place!!! AWESOME!) and paid for the 250... have to make another trip down engine and welder = unstable chevy colorado

Attached Files:

24. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Got rear axle, torque tube and all the rear suspension out of the Pontiac and all the prep work done for installing the new spring kit I got from Chassis Engineering. Laying on my back feeling good about my accomplishments, I started thinking its going to be a long winter so I'd better slow down on the progress or I'll having nothing to do. Then decided I'll do the gas tank as well while everything is so open and easy to get at.

25. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

Drained and flushed the cooling system on the '31. Drained a few Corona in the process. (Won't get into the flushing part of the second task)

26. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Everyone's worst nightmare!!! Wiring.
    I also managed to clean up the house , mow the back yard, and surf the HAMB.

Update
    Found out the drive gear in the starter is bad!!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  27. I made these for my Roadster
    [​IMG]

28. lowburban

lowburban

Fri drove a bus 200 miles for a High School Volleyball playoff game. We lost but it was to the #6 team in the state so it's cool. Sat I road 400 miles and spent the day hauling everything my grandparents own out of their house and into the ditch so FEMA can come look at it. Damn Ike. Sun took the kiddo's to the Renaissance Festival (bout 75 miles away). They had a blast though so it was worth it but man am I freaking tired. Oh yeah, got a bunch of suspension parts in for a truck I'm fixing for a guy.

29. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

Bolted seatbelts in the front seat of my shoebox.

Looked at doing the backseat, but didn't get to it.

Missed P&P, and Kingsbury. (Dammit!)

30. Helped my son with his pinewood derby car...it was fun and it probably is over the weight limit since he kept changing his mind on color scheme...he ultimately settled on camoflauge