Register now to get rid of these ads!

Auction find?? Carb!! Whats it for?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hickory, Nov 2, 2008.

1. hickory

hickory

I was at a auction this last weekend and bought a box of junk for ten bucks. In the box was this Tillotson Carb Model UR2 The bottom part has the part number 05382 I don't believe that this carb has ever been on a engine. Any body know what engine this goes on?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much, Hickory

Attached Files:

2. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Looks like tillptson makes carbs for Ski-Doos, Arctic Cats, weed wackers, etc....

I'd bet money its built for a 2-stroke motor, but damn it looks cool. Is it a CV style carb? I love those things!!!!

3. Clark

Clark

I'm pretty sure it's an aftermarket replacement for your typical 1 barrel carb. They made a version to replace 97's and other ford 3 bolt carbs too....very cool!
    Clark

4. garcoal

garcoal

thats no 2 stroke carb look at he size of the ball the throttle would hook to it looks more tractor just a large down draft carb

5. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Looks just like the (aftermarket) replacement carb for early Chevy. A buddy had one on his '50 (replaced either a Carter or a Rochster). He liked it because it had an adjustable main jet.

6. Tillotsons are great carbs I have 6 sidedrafts on mine. I think the replacement idea is right. it is definatley not the 2 stroke variety
    Don

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

This carb, along with the Model A ones, represents about the last T carb made for cars. It was actually available for quite a number of 6-cyl applications.

8. hickory

hickory

Would this be good for a Ford Falcon inline 6? Heres a couple more.

Attached Files:

9. hickory

hickory

This was also in the same box. It says, Fram F21-P I have seen these on a couple of cars with flat heads? Is this something I could use on a Rod? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hickory

Attached Files:

10. roddinron

roddinron

That's an oil filter, looks like the one used on early gm. It's not a great filter, but they look cool. If it was in the same box, it tells me the carb was probably for the same car, cool find.

11. Looks like a carb my uncle had for a replacement on his 48-ish Chevy sedan delivery....

12. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I suspect that will go on a Falcon with adaptation of linkage as needed, probably a simple spacer as the studs are probably wider spaced...
    Probably a good choice UNLESS you need parts. I don't think that carb had any OEM use, though I may be wrong...I have a Tillotson catalog somewhere.
    I would disassemble it VERY carefully, soaking gaskets in oil first. Gaskets might be reusable, and at least need to come off intact enough to be copied. With luck, you might be able to take it apart, clean, and reassemble without needing any unobtainables.

13. hickory

hickory

This is a brand spanking new carb. I'm sure it's never been installed. Same goes for they oil filter. I may put a inline Ford in my T-bucket. Maybe it would look good on that?

14. gyrocopter1

gyrocopter1
    from Florida

Hello, I just joined H.A.M.B. tonite and saw this post about 1 barrel carb, I am looking for a 1 barrel Holly for a slant 6 , I have seen carbs in J.C.Whitney catalog, am wondering if anyone has ever got a carb from them? Anyway this seems like a great site for anyone interested in rods or creative cars and I am glad I found it.

15. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

That carb and filter would definately look good on any small/medium sized inline.

But, just because it looks new I suggest you check out the innerds. Just this year I put on a "new rebuilt" on a motor and cranked it up. I shut the motor down because it was running real rich. When I looked into the carb fuel was spraying down into the hot intake manifold. Big cloud of fuel vapor, could have been a BIG fire....................When I took the top off I found the float bowl was clear full and the needle valve seat gasket was missing and seat wasnt tightened down.

16. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've gotten carbs from them a couple of times. I got a Rochester 2GC replacement for my 19,000 mile '70 elCamino to use while I was having the original rebuilt. It was everything I expected, fit fine, worked great. I believe it was $79.95 about 7 years ago; I later sold it on eBay after I got the original back for about what I paid for it. Did the same thing for the quadrajet on my '68 Corvette. I think it was $169.95 (this was also several years ago). This one is so good that I still have the original carb in the box and am still running the replacement. The only problem is that it takes about a month to get 'em. If you have the time, I wouldn't hesitate. J.C. Whitney has been "berry berry good to me" over the years.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008