Register now to get rid of these ads!

NORTH CAROLINA HAMBers BEWARE!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RODDOORS, Feb 13, 2008.

1. reversehalo

reversehalo
    from Waxhaw, NC

Has anyone tried to use International Title Service (ITS) in NC since they changed the procedure?

2. mopartim

mopartim

Hey Z man- I have a female friend in Durham, who moved here from Jersey a few months ago, who is having a hell of time getting her 73 Firebird registered and tagged... The DMV told her an inspector had to look at it- she had to take it to them, they wouldn't come to her. It doesn't have the original engine in it. They made her come up with receipts of where she bouight the motor, had it put in, etc etc. After 2 months of tracking all that down, she finally got it registered as a 2008 Pontiac!!!! Now the tards at all the Inspection stations are telling her it has to meet 2008 inspection requirements,( OBD, cats etc..) and the inspector who registered it is backing that claim!! So what is he sposed to do? She's been in NC for about 4 months, and can't get tags. She tried to renew her NJ tags, and this retitle has screwed that all up for her as well. She wanted to just renew everything back to 73 Firebird in NJ and now her car is considered a 2008 by them as well!!! Now her neighborhood comittee is bitching because the cars not inspected, and the city is threatning to tow it! Sounds like they are conspiring to get older cars off the road. I guess I'm going to go through the same with my 56 from Arizona?:mad::confused:

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

There are a few inspectors that know absolutely dick about what they are doing. Sounds like she found one. What she probably needs to do is talk to that inspectors supervisor. Maybe even go to the main DMV offices and talk to them. May have to get a lawyer involved, at that point the threat of a lawsuit may get them off of their ass. I refuse to deal with the inspectors that know nothing. And if they titled it as a 2008 Pontiac the inspector fucked up anyway, it would be a 2008 Special Construction.

4. mopartim

mopartim

I talked to her last night. You are right it was titled special construction, but the situation is as I described. She is considering a lawsuit. She's already gone to the DMV in Raleigh on New Bern Ave. Got nowhere. I'm going to get the car today to store it at the shop so her neighborhood association won't tow it off for no tags.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Yeah the Special Construction is a bunch of BS on that car. Now if you were talking about a A body on a custom frame and a crate motor , sure, and even those get a pass on the inspection BS. I would suggest the lawsuit.

6. littlejoe631

littlejoe631
    from new york

crying is ok it will alert rvryone else of a possible problem

7. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

I just reciently had to go through this process it was different than just going to DMV and having them take my word for it that this car even existed.

You can get a registration from the DMV like normal along with a license plate, you can not get a title until the car is inspected you call a local inspection office and they will come to your house at a pre arranged time you must accomplish this within a year of registration.

The new stickerless inspection had the Inspector working alot so it was easier for me to drive it to the one local office I cannot lie the local DMV office is understaffed and overworked making it frustrating on the customer.

The Inspector did not seem as informed as I would have liked on the location on my paticular vehicles VIN and was determined to have me remove a after market horn to prove that it was not in the location that she said it was in. Also she had an issue with the fact that the numbers on the frame the 1's were I's my explanation that they were roman numerals was not well recieved but after some more phone calls all was well although I am still waiting for my title I am hopefull it will be here shortly.