Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finnish Nomad

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by lohari, Oct 27, 2008.

1. lohari

lohari
    from Finland

Greetings from Finland, I have been registered for a couple of years already so it's high time to introduce myself...

I am a 39 years young guy from the west coast of Finland, I have been driving old Chevys for a 15 years or so. My daily driver is a naturally-aged slightly rusty lady: '61 Chevy Nomad with that third row in trunk. The interior is being fixed - new headliner, new red interior paint, renewed door panels etc. SBC 400 & PG move her around. The Nomad has seen a LOT of beer and scandinavian roads during it's 20 years in Finland. With me she has been a couple of years.

My spare daily driver is a '62 ChevyII with the original 194 & three-on-tree. In the garage I also have '55 Chevy Bel Air 4d sedan, waiting for the inspiration...

Here are some pics:

No, this is not a B&W pic, both the garage and the '55 just are gray...
    [​IMG]

Cruisin' with the rusty lady
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little one at summer cabin, pic taken by my 6y daughter
    [​IMG]

2. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

3. cool wagon man, Welcome to the HAMB from west australia

4. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Welcome on board pal!

--mika

5. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

Hey, our cars have met somewhere! :D
    Welcome, keep writin'!

6. Grezy Matt

Grezy Matt
    from Sweden

Välkommen from California...

7. lohari

lohari
    from Finland

Well that is not a miracle, this car has been quite actively on the road in the past. When I bought the car I had to go through my old photos and there it was...I had taken a pic of the Rusty Lady back in -94 in Sweden, in a very same look... what car do You have?

Thanks! By the way, I'll be visiting California in December. Trying to arrange time for the Pomona Swap also...:)

8. lohari

lohari
    from Finland

Thanks! How's the rod?

9. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

Check my profile or my first post here at HAMB.
    But yeah, keep writin', postin' project and event pics, sharin' knowledge... That is what HAMB is for!

(Jos mulla nyt on sama auto mielessä, niin on nähty DDssä (ainakin) '05 ja matkalla A-pommeihin ja takas '06)