Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Best video ever. Probably been on here, but needed to see it again today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad54, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

This is very possibly the best video ever. I'm sure it's been on here before, but what the hell--it's worth posting again.

THIS is the kind of inspiration I need.

-Brad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnhruLK2468

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
  2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Thats what I'm talkin about!!!

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I think it has been posted before, but so what, man, I like 70's funny cars!

4. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

It was hard on parts and cars. I worked for John Dianna for four years. He acid-dipped his Duster, and put it in the tank at an angle, nose first, so the front was thin and the back was still heavy over the tires. He had the Duster at Indy for a national event, dry-hopped it in the staging lanes on the way up to the burn-out box, and did it a little too aggressively--the nose came up a couple feet with the tires off the ground, and when it came back down, the whole front end folded up and collapsed because it was so thin.

-Brad

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas... Not sure how many other ways I can say it... No politics allowed. EVER. The HAMB is too pure for that kind of crap.

6. skunx1964

skunx1964

i love how hes wearin keds and smokin a cigar the whole time, lol. and these fellas arent even waitin to be in the burnout box, fuck it, spin em the whole way to the stagin area!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

8. skunx1964

skunx1964

9. Still happens. If you've never been to an NHRA race you need to put it on your "bucket list." www.NHRA.com

10. That was awsome. Thats exactly what I needed here at work. Thanks for that!

11. Anderson

Anderson

All the above videos are 10 times better with the sound off. I don't know why everyone feels the need to put some cheesey music over that stuff. It cheapens it...

But that first video is awesome!! I could watch slow motion vintage drag cars all day long...

12. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

back in the day ! lol t/f was an also ran . f/c was the main draw . s/s was a big factory race . major detroit iron was always there . great movie !! .......... thx .. steve

13. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

that
    was
    AWESOME!

Those things just go up like bombs. I mean that literally...KABOOM!

I also liked the two races with the Funny Cars that couldn't get traction. I'd actually watch Funny Car racing if they were all like that. The whole point-and-shoot thing does nothing for me. I like drag racing to be like sex--loud, some driver skill required, and lasting longer than a few seconds.

-Brad

14. ange 33

ange 33
    from over here

well worth the 6 min 27 sec!

15. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Exactly ... I don't have the speakers at work....But i just let out a "Hell Yeah" when that digger smoked the rears and still won the race.
    The good old days when it was Raw!
    I love going to my track for nostalgia days.
    MORE MORE MORE !

16. Terrence

Terrence

normally I hate the music on these videos but I think this was a good choice of songs kinda fits with the era
    My .02

17. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

No offense Ryan....but, what the heck are you talking about?

19. belair

belair

Awesome - just what I needed. I did like that blue 57 in the other video too.

20. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

I was thinkin' the same thing but figured there must have been a deleted post that required the response.
    That or it's obvious and I slipped a mental cog.. again.

21. cackle

cackle
    from texas

Does anyone recommend a dvd of old drag racing such as the first video, Ive seen somefor sale but dont know the quality.

22. QQMOON

QQMOON

Good stuff

QQ

23. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

One of my favorite parts of the first video is the inside shot of the driver (Dick Landy?) rowing through the gears with his right foot stuck to the floor.:cool:

It's a blast when you gotta car you can do that with.:D:D:D

24. jerry

jerry

Post that got deleted.

jerry

25. Here's another one from the same guy as the first one. good stuff IMO

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kuHxs6uG6iY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kuHxs6uG6iY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

26. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

damn that was cool!!

27. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

Great clips, any one know who did the music?

28. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Eric the music is better than hearing my kids screaming.:D You young guys kill me, just relax and enjoy the ride.:cool: I love old videos!!!

29. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Yeah it was a previous post that was edited/deleted. Nothing too serious.

No, Ryan isn't going off the deep end. :)

I like the music in the first one and think it was a good choice for it. Just watched it again. Love that one.

30. chaddilac

chaddilac

very cool!!! I still like this one too.

1000 fps...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lgELwHxpWQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8lgELwHxpWQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>