Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I can finally see the light at the end (TT Build)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PollockzRodz, Nov 4, 2008.

1. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

Welp Im actually almost done with my latest build and im getting excited. Its a 1926 Model TT pickup with a 429 caddy motor. Its chopped 12" in the front and 10" in the rear and has an 8" channel. Its taken me a very very long year :eek: to build from the ground up. Ive only gotta finish up a few things then it will be ready to fire and take a couple spins in. I wish I finished it during the summer but hell I dont care if its freezing out Im still gunna drive it a little before the major snow flys. I might be a 17 year old kid but I can take negative comments since it gives me something to work off of so let me know what you honestly think of it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  2. skunx1964

skunx1964

looks nice but hit the spacebar between pic links, lol

3. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Friggin' nice young man. If I had had a car like that when I was 17 I would have been dead by 18...LOL!

4. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

;)What a nice job well done, I would be very proud to take a spin just cuz! Keep up the Detail work it sure looks good:D

5. daddio211

daddio211

Wow! I wish I had that much ambition and skill when I was your age. I was cranking torsion bars and pulling leafs to make my truck cool... and it wasn't!

6. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I really like the shape of the TT cab. It makes it look like a WWI tank or something. That truck would look good in O.D. Green with black accents.

7. vein

vein

I like the squareness of the cab!! its definitely cool!! kinda roth style going on!!!

8. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

I like it! I'd 86 the suicide front end in favor of a conventional, but I really like the chop and color. Very nice proportions!
    Justin

9. Crazy Cool! Very nicely done.

10. I dig it...hell yes you better drive it...we don't build them to look at 'em...helluva job at any age

11. JimSibley

JimSibley

I would not change a thing. i just bought a TT and yours is WAY COOL.

12. slim53

slim53

I dig it. One thing for sure though, that grill shell needs to come down something major. I would have made the side windows line up with the windshield as well. I would've gone with an earlier Caddy engine too. All that aside, I've never seen a TT p-u done I like but I like yours...A lot. Good job!!

Slim

13. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

Thanks for the comments guys makes me just wanna get the damn thing done faster! Slim everything you just stated is exactly what I personally have a problem with myself haha. The grill shell is going to be dropped about 6" next summer when I get a custom radiator made for it and run an electric fan. May also switch it to an early t shell. Im running a mustang rad. with a fan on the motor which made me unable to drop it down anymore. If I was smart I would have cut the cowl off and moved it right up to the bottom of the windshield so all the lines matched. With the door windows matching the front window that crossed my mind but its alot more work to just get one inch of difference haha. Keep the comments coming guys I need all the ideas I can get. -Jon

14. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Beyond Sweet!!!

48 Poncho

15. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

A very cool car.

16. roddinron

roddinron

That's a really cool car. How the hell did a 17 year old build that? Don't you have a playstation/Xbox, cell phone, text messaging, satellite TV, DVD, blue ray (whatever that is) etc.?
    You probably haven't even had time for a girl! But I bet you get your share now.:D
    Nice job
    PS,
    Why aren't you in school today?

17. Very cool car adn very well done - now, get back to work and keep 'em comin'!!

18. amsvette

amsvette

Usually not a fan of the TT trucks but yours kick ass! Nice job and keep it up.

19. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

20. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

HAHA Im not that kind of kid. I cant stand being in the house man or playing some stupid game. Ohh and I get my share of ladies thanks to the hot rods:D "they make an ugly man look good" haha. As for school I dropped out in 10th grade because they wouldnt let me join any of the classes that I was interested in like metal working and autobody. They said I had no future in that style of work. So I said screw this and went and got my GED a month after I dropped out then I became a NYS certified welder in every type of welding and position:eek: Im not your average kid If you couldnt tell that all ready. I just want to get this hot rod done and start my next one a 1937 dodge pickup Im building for my father.

21. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

That thing is gorgeous

22. jetmek

jetmek

looks good...it sure has come a long way since i saw it this past spring! swing by with it when you get it running

23. alteredimage

alteredimage

Looking good. You came a long way since I seen it a few months ago.
    Josh

24. Thats a cool truck for anyone, 17 or 67 or anywhere in between, great job.

25. GuyW

GuyW

GREAT car, dude....painted and everything!

It has a early '60s vibe going on....

And, good job ditching the government school, too!

26. Elrusto

Elrusto

Nice...........really nice. :)

27. Daddyfink

Daddyfink

I must say, I like it!

Keep On Truckin'!

28. 31whitey

31whitey

Nice truck man....

really cool style....and original...no less.

early 60,s forever...

29. oldsman71

oldsman71

i like it,has a 60's custom look super cool!

30. ratster

ratster

cool ride man, you should be proud......

BUT buy some jack stands