Register now to get rid of these ads!

any pics of '29 ford grill inserts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Capt. Zorro, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I did a search for pics of '29 model A grill inserts and didn't find any. I was thinking about using some fine mesh or metal punched in small holes for mine, but can't find a large enough piece for it. Anyone done one or know where to find some metal?

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

There's quite a few thread actually, try 28 or just model a.

3. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

Heres mine its a 29 shell chopped up with a ford 8n Tractor shell in it. Just doin something different :D[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Capt. Zorro,
    I hope you can see this in the picture, but I made this one from some 3/16 inch stainless steel rod and some stainless wire screen. I formed the rod to match the grill shape and then cut the screen to the shape of the rod and TIG welded each wire to the rod. Sounds like a pain in the ass but it makes a really great insert and it is strong. It is pretty hard to see in these pictures but it does a great job of protecting the radiator.

Rex

Attached Files: