Register now to get rid of these ads!

1960 Ford Pickup: Need a wiring diagram!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chaddilac, Nov 2, 2008.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

Can anyone help me with a wiring diagram for a 60 ford pickup, f100 1/2 ton... I'm rewired the dash with some stock gauges and someone had cut the original dash out so I have some wires that I'm not sure where they go?

The whole wiring diagram would be great, but I'll take the area behind the gauge cluster if that's all you got???

Thanks!!

2. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow! looks pretty close, I'll have to print it out and check it! thanks ocs!

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

anyone else!!

5. Happy

Happy

I have an original 1960 Ford truck shop manual. Give me about an hour to do some stuff for my wife and I'll get back on here and scan the schematic. There are no complete diagrams of the whole truck in the book. There is one of the back of the cluster which should help.

6. Happy

Happy

7. Happy

Happy

Only images I could find of the ignition switch. One does show the wiring colors.

[​IMG]

8. Happy

Happy

I can send these to you in an email. They will show up clearer I believe.

[​IMG]

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

OK I'm down to 3 wires left... Happy is MIA. so I need you guys to help me out.

Here's what's left:

Black thick gauge coming out of the firewall towards the key/cluster 12+ all the time.
    Brown thick gauge in with the cluster wires???
    Pink small gauge in with the cluster wires?

Anyone help me??

10. What's not hooked up, what's not working?

Just a guess, pink might be a highbeam indicator.

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

All my wires to the cluster are hooked up.... Just can't figure those out. The only thing not working is the signals, Not sure which wire goes to the headlight switch for those??

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

surely someone out here in Hambland has the wiring diagram for a 60 ford???

13. lgh1157

lgh1157

14. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

What's on the other end of each?

15. Mad~Max

Mad~Max

Yea, but mine are all Painless Wiring booklets that came with the kit :p

The first thing that goes into any of my projects is the wiring, the engine, the tranny, and then the rear-end and front suspension.

Detroit was designing electrical crap in the late 50's early 60's. Just a buch of kludged crap and Rube Goldberg stuff.

16. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Like Mad Max said just follow the wires back to there source and that should enlighten you. I got a 1960 but no wire diagram sorry.

17. chaddilac

chaddilac

You can't chase them back if they're all wrapped in black tape, I'd have to unwrap everything!!!

18. fordolet60

fordolet60
    from iowa

i have the same problem but mine i cant get the brake lights to work. The tail lights and brake lights are on the same circut.

19. ol'blue60

ol'blue60

just registered to the site but ive been getting tips for the past couple of months. i have a 60 f100, 292, 3 on tree that i got a little while ago. took it apart and painted it. my problem now is that im having some issues with wiring. it ran and worked before i took it apart but i cant seem to figure out my problem. i cant for the life of me get my rear lights to come on unless i use my turn signal for them to blink. press the brake and nothing (at one point i pressed the brake and my dash lights came on), along with no running lights when i pull light switch out. funny thing is when i have the key to on and turn the switch for left or right the back light comes on and stays, doesnt blink. any help?

also...went to change my brake switch and ended up removing bolt going into master cylinder. noticed that the bolt has a hole in it (im assuming so brake fluid can go through it). does that hole have to line up with the brake line in order for everything to work properly?

thanks

20. chaddilac

chaddilac

Check the ground on the tail lights... I had the same problem.

21. OneBadMechanic

OneBadMechanic

I have a '60 with the 292 and need a wiring diagram for the wires between the voltage regulator and the generator. Thanks, any help would rock.