Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage car auction or Vintage junk yard ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by screwball, Oct 15, 2008.

1. jimmyv

jimmyv

Junk yard although it's getting hard to find any with stuff much older than the late 80's or early 90's in them.

2. Abomination

Abomination

You should post a poll!

~Jason

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hey man do you actually have a choice in Ottawa?? Isnt much of either to choose from eh!!But my choice would be a junkyard as well, but you know that!

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

all cars run on used parts anyways...1 more for junk yard!

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Junkyard is to HAMBer as candy is to 2-year old...

Don't forget to take along a couple double-bacon cheeseburgers. The dog is the most important employee, and you want to be on his good side.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

well since an auction is held for one or two days only I'd go to the auction. then I'd go to the junk yard next week.

7. Junkyard hands down. I gotta tell ya, I'm drawn like a magnet to old cars in a junkyard. Just looking at them no matter how bad they're deteriorated is intoxicating to me. I always think back to how one day many years ago, these old cars were shiny and brand new. A dealer once shook hands and handed over the keys to some proud young man or dad who drove them home to show the family. Neighbors and friends would stop over to ogle and maybe get a ride in it. Familys vacationed in them, young people dated in em', busineses worked them, maybe just some working stiff just drove it back and forth to the job every day. Then over the years, the miles and the elements wore em' down to that final mechanical failure or collision that eventually spelled the end of their first useful life. Most will never see a road again except for the lucky few that we get ahold of. There is so much history rusting silently in fields and woods all over. I just never got that warm feeling watching some jughead pay 6 figures for a restored car at an auction.

8. long island vic

long island vic

junkyard with a tittie bar next door

9. kookee

kookee

Junkyard!

Auctions are interesting, but pretentious and normally are above my means.

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

there was a pick and pull at one time with dancers in the yard..wonder what ever happened to that place or if its still going on..dont know where but i saw pictures...

11. Amen brother.

12. metalman

metalman

Is it just me or is this a weird questain? Why the choices? If I was in the market for a complete car, an auction. If I was looking for parts for a current project a junkyard. If I wasn't looking to buy anything, just kill some time I'd pick the junkyard, auctions are no fun unless you have money to play!

13. 1967gmc

1967gmc

14. henryj429

henryj429

A little different here in the Northland.............

There's still a lot of tin around here - good complete 40s/50s/60s parts cars can be had for $200 at auctions. It doesn't take long to drop $200 on a basket of parts at a junk yard. I'd rather spend a day at a good auction and pick up 4 or 5 cars for a grand.

15. Get lots of doner cars at auction, get off at the junk yard, sites smells cuts and bruses and even dog bites, I love it.