Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pinching a rail vertically or Zing a chassis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, Nov 3, 2008.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just thinking out loud .....

What would I need to consider if I was to cut an A chassis with a pie cut at the firewall to tilt the front of the chassis instead of putting a Z in. Obviously the front cross member would need to reworked for the proper angle etc. Would put a fish plate etc. Will it look like crap???? Will I have other hassles???? Whats the correct term for this? Should I just go with the Z? Will Obama win etc etc

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. Pie cut it just before the cross member to counter the one at the fire wall. Yes a fish plate will look crap, so put it on the inside of the chassis, then box the frame, thats what I am going to do on my mates frame.

3. fc ute

fc ute

pete, i have done this on a A chassis, worked real well

4. striper

striper

Yep, Done it. Like Fly said just make the same amount of pie cut just behind the cross member to bring it back to the right angle.

Things to think of:
    It shortens the frame very slightly
    A very big cut will make it look broken
    Like you said, fish plate and box

I think the official name of this technique is "the Bleed Sweep"

If you want pics search my build thread (I'm too lazy to find a link, it's late)

Pete

5. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, just been reading up on the Bleed sweep and will try and track down a copy of Mad Fab 2.