Register now to get rid of these ads!

North Carolina H.A.M.B.ers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evilone0528, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Well hopefully we can throw something together close by soon. I'd be up for it.

2. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

I love In-N-Out (and it is a model corporation), but it should be called In-and-Wait.
    Chinese and Mexican is good too, but they don't hold a candle to some down home American Southern Home Style Cooking and/or BBQ.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

3. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

If you guys want a place to meet, we could meet at my Wilmington Shop and do a beach cruise.
    Wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

4. I am up for the beach cruise! I have been wanting to check out Wilmington anyways since I go to Oak Island (isn't too far from it) all the time and thinking about moving to the beach somewhere. I like Oak Island but then again it's so small there is nothing there (in a way it's nice) but I think I'd like something a little more upbeat but nothing like Myrtle Beach at all. I hear Hilton Head is very nice too. Going to Wilmington would give me a chance to check the place out and see how I like it.

5. I'm in Wil! You're just 2 hours from me instead of 4 to CLT.

6. JacksonsJunkyardGems

JacksonsJunkyardGems

nc here! franklinton nc check out my 166 cars i have listed

7. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

Charlotte, NC here. South 21 drive in opened in the 50's. Great burgers and they still have curb service. Used to be the place to meet for the local car crowd. Yeah, I am old enough to actually remember. Missed seeing you guys at the SE Nationals last weekend. I would love to get together with you car crazies. Keep me informed.

8. 31whitey

31whitey

SMF

You sould like me man...just moved back here a year ago

Checked Hilton head, was too resorty and not much happening in the off season...and like half the houses I dug, had NO MOTORCYCLEs allowed in the neighborhoods...alot of H.O.A. bull.

Check Wills post about working in a hotrod shop inb a beach town....pretty much nails the description of this place to a tee.

9. 31whitey, sounds good to me! I will definately be checking it out. Only problem I find is I need a house with a big garage for my bikes and old cars. :D Don't we all? As for Hilton Head, I heard the same things from others as well, seems more like an old persons retirement home. haha

10. enemy2fashion

enemy2fashion
    from USA

New to Charlotte! and the Board... Checking in

11. Stone

Stone

Char Grill rules. And my wife and me own a traditional mexican restaurant in Smithfield.
    Mexican style home cooking is what some people describe it as.

12. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

So what is the final location? I know there are at least 5 of in Raleigh/Garner Smiothfield. Where are we meeting?

13. btw my car club with the speed kinds cc might be having a cruise-in, and concert in feb in winston at the garage. rockand roll, honky tonk, punk etc. If it goes though everyone in all surrounding areas need to come and represent with your rods.

14. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Sounds great!

15. Hambone64

Hambone64

-Jacksonville! Dont leave the new guy out!

16. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

We wouldn't think of it....nice ford!

17. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Mexican food here rocks, and I'm Mexican I should know. That Homestyle (McCalls in Goldsboro) cooking is the shit, OMG, I love it. I had never tasted Moonshine, and man the real good corn is smooth, and I'm not much of a liquor drinker, Wow. Sorry boys, IN-N-OUT is overrated in my opinion. Still debating on bringing my coupe up from Texas or buying a early 50's chevy truck here in Jacksonville?

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

lol, we had kind of an impromptu HAMB gathering at Slim's Friday night.
    Murph's band Killer Filler was playing. About 5 or 6 of us were there... good times....

I'll still volunteer the shop if we want to do a meet here in Raleigh. We can even do HAMb biscuits...

19. Scott

Did you find out any more about the swap at the fairgrounds?

20. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Dino here ....Rockingham

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

22. Glad to hear the Mexican Food measures up...that's probably the thing I will miss here in San Diego since I don't surf much anymore...I found a couple of decent places around Mooresville

23. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Chucklehead_Al, Go get your coupe man! Yesterday I met a guy gassing up his slammed, full-fendered '32 Chevy coupe at the Kangaroo on the corner of 17 and Piney Green, brought back memories. I sold my '31 Ford Coupe in 1993 to a guy here in Jacksonville and I regret it.

Your profile says your turning wrenches on fixed-wing engines. Where ya doing that at, Cherry Point? I work in Cherry Point.

ZMan, I was just tossing out an old Carolina Bargain Trader tonight and noticed the ad for the collector car fest in Raleigh next week. What have the swap meets been like at that event?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

hit or miss, a lot of misses.... good if you have a camaro or mustang. or even a tri 5. not so good if you like real hot rods and customs. I'll have a space though, try to drum up business for the shop.

25. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Bummer! Those types of parts too new for me. I'm looking for fossils

26. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Look what I got this weekend...

[​IMG]

I also scored some '61 impala steel wheels with Firestone Silvertowns with wide whitewalls for $95 off of craigslist.:D

27. Demo Derby X-100

Demo Derby X-100

Can't believe I haven't posted in here yet.

I live in Raleigh but was born in Smithfield. North Carolina born and bread...cornbread that is!

My ride's a 1964 Dodge Dart I use as a daily driver.

Honk when you pass me.

:)

28. mx6262

mx6262

I'm here in cornelius, NC just 20 min from charlotte. Been to Wil. NC many times. I know where there's a cool junk yard down there with some way cool rides in it.

29. mx6262

mx6262

Hendricks Motorsports is having a show on the 27th at there shop. lots of high in cars & high in drivers will be there. I'll try and post a flyer if any want to make it. It may be on there website, just herd about it today from a buddy....:cool: