Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Two Lane Blacktop art prints...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Nov 1, 2008.

1. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

just picked up a copy of the Criterion Collection edition of Two Lane Blacktop. it comes with a copy of the screenplay and another little book that includes (among other things) alot of realy cool pics. likely stills from the movie and publicity photos. i'd like to know how i could get my hands on some of these as art prints. some amazing pics of all of the characters, especialy the one of Laurie Bird leaning against a large wooden fence wearing a long sleeve "Elvis" T-shirt and another of Dennis Wilson sitting on the fender of the 55.

2. retro54

retro54
    from PA

got the same edition... my bother got me a large repro movie poster for my birthday in may, although it' not one of these publicity shots, it's still cool... lists the charaters "james taylor is the driver" "Dennis willson is the mechanic".. etc.

If these shots are not commercially available... and you're not reproducing for re-sale.. are there any issues with you scanning the images and printing your own posters for personal use?

3. only IF you tell hollyweird

4. retro54

retro54
    from PA

I catch your drift....

5. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

had that thought but some have the crease of the booklet in the pic and they are all pretty small. would like larger versons without losing the quality of the pics... the cover is cool too if you open flat to view the front and back cover all at once.

6. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

Is this the same one you have.The booklet that came with mine has a write up on Monte Hellman.Now I just need to find a VCR so I can watch it.

Attached Files:

7. scottrich411

scottrich411

dragsterboy, they re-released it on dvd and it comes with a copy of the written screenplay and a bonus dvd, ya know, the directors commentary and stuff...but i havent watched everything on it

8. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I was fortunate to meet someone through "interneting/networking" who knows Richard Ruth that hooked me up with some autographed posters & prints of the 55 that were never released. I even got some of the extra prints from photo shoots & when the car was featured in magazines.
    The shit is sooo kool its by far my most cherished 'collectibles' i own..I have them securely packed away at the moment cause i dont have the money to get the stuff framed like i was hoping but i'm dying to display some of it cause its one of my all time favorite movies/car.

If you search the net or e-bay hard enough you'll find alot of kool stuff.

Check out this one website to...pretty kool!

http://www.msnusers.com/TwoLaneBlacktopHomePage

9. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

looks a litle different but some of it is the same... plus those pics are all much brighter and crisper. these ones have been given some sort of "weathered" or "aged" look (NOT Sepia). i like them both ways. i'd like to see more of those ones.

10. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

if i thought i could i'd try to buy that stuff from ya. sounds realy cool!

11. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

I got the DVD version for my birthday last year and would really like some framed prints as well.

I really wish someone would do a remake using the original screenplay as well. That movie would have made a lot more sense if they hadn't cut out half of it.

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i think i read that after the first cut it was still 3 hours long. the studio only allowed them 2 hours MAX... but if your looking for that movie to make clear sense i suspect you missed the point. thats' understandable though as it is an art piece and a little left of center. not everyone is going to "get it" in every sense, and you'd be forgiven for that. it's not like a regular movie and that is intentional. even if you don't "get it" from an artistic stand point at least you can still enjoy the cars... and the adorable 18 year old Laurie Bird... too bad her life ended so early and so tragicaly. :(

13. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

Here ya go...

Attached Files:

14. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

most of those are different than the ones in my book.

15. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

And a few more..

Attached Files:

16. dragsterboy

dragsterboy

Well...That's the whole book.Enjoy.

Attached Files:

17. Jason of Oakland

Jason of Oakland

Thanks for posting the pics. I thought I had seen them all, but I really like the one of the 60's chevy truck towing the 55 during filming. When you are watching a movie you tend to forget what it took to get the shot.