Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 26-27 T roadster stanchions??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RotHod, Nov 1, 2008.

1. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

Was there originally any kind of rubber pad the went between the stanchions and the body on a 27 roadster? I have a lower windshield frame from Speedway and it seems a little to wide to fit properly between the stanchions.

Thanks

2. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

BTT Anyone??

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

No rubber pad on stockers. They probably had a stuck-on treated fabric cushion originally, very thin material.

That new frame may be slightly off or most likely the stanchions are tweaked a bit. It is unusual to find any 26-27 stanchions that are dead nuts on, especially if they have been cut off or found on a field car without the frames between them.

4. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

Thanks, Yes these stanchions I have were modified a few times, someone had cut the pivot off the top and pieced the top and the bottom stanchions together to shorten it. I am putting the pivots back in. I guess I will have to shorten the frame to get the right fit.

Attached Files:

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

There are EARLY and LATE 26-27 stantions and cowls that could cause some minor differances as well.

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Mac's has rubber pads listed in their catalog. I'd suggest installing everything then tighten a little at a time. When I put mine together I used 1/8" rubber pads, stock chopped posts with an aftermarket lower frame.

7. RotHod

RotHod
    from So Cal

I have never seen those in their catalog but I will give them a call. Did you get yours from them or make them? Thanks for the info.