Register now to get rid of these ads!

So whats going on in Omaha Nebraska next weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sellers Equipped, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

I'll be out there. Curious what there is to do? Thanks ~S

2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

There might be some good live music to catch... I can get you the schedules, if you are interested in that.

Also, a few of us will be taking a little half-day trip, either Saturday or Sunday to pick up my new 'A' Roadster project :). You are welcome to tag along on that trip.

We are due for a good hot rod gathering/shop night around here, so maybe next weekend would be a good time to do that.

Are you going to have much spare time? Just looking for night-life related things to do?

There's plenty around here to do, just let us know what you're interested in.

Malcolm

3. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

You could come around to Podunk, and watch the corn pickers:rolleyes:
    You could come and watch the geese flying south:rolleyes:
    You could come to the Podunk area and watch Bulls mount Cows:eek:
    You could come to the Podunk area and listen to some Old Time toe tapping Polka music:(
    You could come to Podunk and join in the early morning coffee clatch of the local old timers:( (Coffee here is still only .20 a cup)
    You could come to Podunk and listen to the monastary bells ring at
    noon:D
    You could come to Podunk area and watch the highway workers cold patch all the pot holes left from last winter:rolleyes:

Excitement abounds in Podunk:cool:

P.S. HELP...I'm being held prisoner:eek::eek::eek:

HellRaiser

4. Brandi

Brandi

Pics of that roadster and pick-up adventure will be needed ASAP! :D

5. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Damn the Podunkian oppression.

6. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

You have to let us know, what are you up for a little live music, or a little shop night?

7. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Maby a shop crawl if there's nothing else going on .

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Maybe you could show him around the Smith Collection of American Speed? Granted it's at Lincoln and not Omaha, but not that far.

9. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Flying in? Driving? Coming up the Missouri River by boat? What time will you be in, and how long will you be able to stay? Do you know where you'll be staying yet? Solo, or with a significant other with? Or how can we get ahold of you when you do get to town, to give you some of our famous hospitality?

PM me or Malcolm

HellRaiser

10. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Im down for what ever is going on , I'm flying out with Aron (savage speed fucker) so will see,, and the funny part i don't even own a cell phone. Shop tours would be nice,

11. NoSurf

NoSurf

I know somebody in Omaha that is supposed to be building headers for his flatty powered duece.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Does Aaron have a cell phone? Is he planning on visiting family or?... In other words, is your weekend completely open, or what approximate time frame/schedule do you have?

I'll PM you my number and we'll try to figure something out.

13. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Your in San Jose and your coming to Omaha, might want to check your compass:D Just kiddin Omaha's alright, I'm sure we could put together a beer........ I mean garage tour around town. Gary

14. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Hey, Nosurf,

I havent been able to get much done on the headers yet, the damn engine is never cooled off.

Hahahaha

15. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with you guys out there, I'm leaving here in a few,, got your numbers with me, I'd love to come out and help with your header build,, no F!#@ing way i can stand still fore more than a hr,, A.D.D B.S ~S

16. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

If you're into old shit, just north of omaha is the desoto bend wildlife refuge. They have a paddlewheeler that sunk in 1865 fully loaded. River changed course eventually, so they were able to recover most of the contents a hundred years later, well preserved cause of the mud. They have a neat museum about it that overlooks the boat's remains in the old riverbed.

Not very hot roddy, but fascinating if you like old schtuff

17. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

The Strategic Air Command Museum is also a great visit, between Omaha and Lincoln....

18. stan292

stan292

Sellers -

Don't know how long you'll be around the area - or what your schedule might be - but the Speedway Motors Museum is only about 50 miles away in Lincoln. Weekday tours daily at 2:pM.

Ten bucks to get in, but WELL worth it. A world class deal for sure.

19. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Watch out for all the people wearing RED on saturday,It's a sickness!!

20. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

That sickness is back in Lincoln on Saturday. Lemesee where was it last weekend......... oh yea Iowa St (Nebraska 37 Iowa St. 7):rolleyes::) Gary

21. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Just wanted to thank all you guys again for the heads up on what to do out there, It was none stop the minute i stepped off the plane. Sorry i wasn't able to get with any of you out there, next time for sure. Heres some shots of the stuff i saw. ~S

Attached Files:

22. NoSurf

NoSurf

damn.

23. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Damn, I second that! I had the coupe warmed up incase you needed some wheels while you were here.

24. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

wow where was that stuff??? never heard or seen it before!

25. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I sure like that 32 chevy coupe,could save you some transport money if you just left it here.

26. poop

poop

If your in nebraska, I'd go to Bob's for a burger then head to the Green Dimond for a beer!

27. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Yes bro,, we were staying about 5 minutes from Bob's hung out there maybe every other night,, guy rules Smoking and flipN burgers at the same time,, Green Diamond,, that place was something else sipN shots of Jack out of Dixie cups.. Good times for sure, wil ldef be back, To the other guy, ,that was a 32 5 window...

28. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

That woulda ruled, though i had Savages 41 International pickup walked it sideways on every turn and road,, right in front of his parents house,, though his Dad was bummed, He is the main guy for maintaing all the gravel roads out there

29. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Hmm... must be Thomas Wilbur...? Haven't seen you in quite a few years.

Damn, haven't been to Bob's in a long time! I think there is a picture of that place in the dictionary under the word 'dive' :D
    ...and the Green Diamond, wow, why is it that my memories of that place are always somewhat blurry?! :rolleyes::)

30. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

my dad was watching steve from his throne!!! AHHAH Sideways right in front of him spinning gravel all over AHAHAha CLASSIC SELLERS