Register now to get rid of these ads!

O.t. Car 68 charger stolen from quadriplegic in wisc,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldchevyseller, Oct 31, 2008.

1. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

Nick Suckow, 41, of Dallas, bought the 1968 Dodge Charger for $1,500 in 1984, when he was a high school junior. Five years later, he was paralyzed from the chin down in a traffic accident.
    The car had sat in storage while Suckow served in the Army. He moved home in 1991 and, a year later, took the Charger to Muscle Car Restorations in Chippewa Falls.
    Unable to drive, Suckow still spent the next 15 years and nearly $250,000 having the Charger restored. He paid in installments — $12,000 per year earned by designing Web sites and selling motorcycle accessories on the Internet.
    His dream car was delivered to his home in the spring of 2007 and appeared in Mopar Muscle magazine that November.
    "There hasn't been a car show that I haven't took a trophy home from," Suckow said.
    The thieves broke into Suckow's garage last week while he was in Las Vegas for a poker tournament.
    Barron County Sheriff's Detective Jeff Nelson wouldn't say how the thieves got in because the case is still under investigation. But, he said evidence shows the Charger was driven onto a trailer and hauled away so as not to attract attention.
    Suckow last saw his car last Thursday when he left his house in Dallas, Wis., with his two in-home nurses to play in a Texas Hold 'Em poker tournament in Las Vegas. He earned a spot in the tournament by taking first place at a bar near Ridgeland, Wis.

Suckow learned his car had been stolen when his high school friend, Dave Matthys, called him as he was on the road home.

"At first I thought he was joking," said Suckow, who had finished 22nd out of 252 players at the poker tournament.

Suckow said Matthys lives in a mobile home on his property and that he gave his friend the keys to his house so he could periodically check on it. On Tuesday, Matthys went inside to turn up the heat and saw the car was gone. Matthys reported the theft right away, Suckow said.

A photo of Nick Suckow, 41, of the Village of Dallas, Wis., in Barron County.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  2. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Man that is low. I don't understand how people could consciously do something like that. $250,000!

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Now thats low down rotten.
    and one of my favorite cars..I really hope this one comes back home to its rightful owner.
    1800's to probably 1930's Horse theifs were shot.or hung in the town square,.because it was the mans only form of transportation and it was his right to protect it..Now in the 21'st century They are let to run rampant all over our ownership rights..we arnt becoming civilized were becoming ignored

4. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

they showed on the news the big glass entry door to the house was broekn and they then opened the garage and loaded it up,

very odd, you cnat resell the thing, haveing been in national magazines, must be going out of the country, figured i would post it here as we have many hamb members in wisconsin

5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

That has got to be just about the most sickening, discusting thing I've seen in a long damn time. They sure as hell knew the car and that he wasn't home. I hope the car is found intact and that the asshole or assholes that took it lose their fucking hands and feet . This is getting to be way too common a thing and somehow we have got to protect ourselves and I guess help others that don't know how much this is happening before it happens to them too. Damn this pisses me off

6. Meyer

Meyer

Wow, talk about karma. We need a "where are they now" post about the theives in 10 years. I guarantee they are f#cked.

7. Stizzealth

Stizzealth

That's just low. I hope they catch the buggers. Who would steal a car from a paraplegic who had spent that much time and money on a project?

8. S.INner

S.INner

I've seen that car in Mopar Muscle and on some car shows. It is an amazing piece of work and the poor guy can only ride in it,not drive it,for a very brief time because of safety issues and STILL,he spent that kind of dough! I am a firm believer in public horse whipping for the kind of scum that would commit a crime like this. I hope they get what's coming to them and I hope Nick had plenty of insurance.

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I just went out in my shop and saw that i have the picture of this guys car hanging on my wall..I didnt realize it was his until this thread..Dammit..Now im even more pissed.
    Oh and you bet I would recognize it if it ever went past me.
    hope they have their L.I. paid up!:mad:

10. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

if history is any guide, that car has probably been stripped and crushed by now

remember project Heavy Metal back in the day? they thought it was shippped out of the country in a container, then found a fender and the hood a couple years ago

11. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I saw it on the news tonight, what a terrible story. The TV station has the video online at http://www.kare11.com/

12. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

What the fuck ................

Low life scum...............

I know it don't mean much,but I'll keep and eye and ear out,here in N.C.

13. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

will keep an eye open in indiana and illinois, the bastards!!!

14. Squablow

Squablow

That is awful. Muscle Car Restorations in Chippewa Falls does mind blowing work if you've ever been there, and they are expensive, I'm not surprised the car cost what it did.

Even if it was stripped, what would you do with the stuff? There's only so much of that car that you could sell without being traceable.

I really hope someone finds the car, but I have a bad feeling about this one.

15. :mad: I know a few Mopar Muscle Car geeks... and they know even MORE Mopar geeks... and they know even MORE Mopar geeks... I'll be passing this along to everyone of them I can... even to my non-Mopar geek buddies...

Castration... and nothing less... :mad:

(Ditto's on the comments regarding MCR...)