Register now to get rid of these ads!

Im a rockstar!Kind of?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by new wave terror, Oct 31, 2008.

1. new wave terror

new wave terror

I bought a 53 chevy a few months ago to part out but I love the 53-54 chevys so much I decided to see if I could fix it.What do you guys think?Ever seen something so bad?It seems as though someone tried to pick this car up through the front windshield by the roof.Of course the whole roof is mangled now and it also looks as though they may of run that same forklift down the passenger side.I know I can get a fender and maybe a door but Im not sure how bad the quarter panel would be to fix.I also,of course,need the first 30 inches of the roof as well.AT least that much.The passenger side A pillar is puller over towards the driver side and I think the drivers side might be just a little out.B and C pillars are fine though.I just love these cars.Is this something youd take on?Any suggestions?The pics arent the best as theres not much room but hopefully you can see how it is.

Attached Files:

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

3. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

If I were you I would sell it to a really tall guy. Or if you are a metal wizard I would try to fix it. That roof would be tough though.

4. new wave terror

new wave terror

I need one.Ive been looking but havent come acrooss anything yet.

5. TERPU

TERPU

CARSON TOP Rockstar! The quarter is not that bad. Or you could go full custom with skirts and tasteful modifications. I see alot of creative and really bitchin' metal work in your future.

Tim

6. I'd take that there screw driver off the cowl and find another 53/54 Chevy to build. Unles you've got lots of metal working skills or have friends that do. Everythings looks out of kilter there.

7. new wave terror

new wave terror

Just the fronts out of kilter!!Haha.Tasteful mods are what I like.Theres alot of good 53 and 54 chevys on here.I like the slanted b pillars.I do like skirts.I dont have alot of metal working skills but I guess this is an oppurtunity to learn.

8. OLLIN

OLLIN

plenty of room for a pompadour or 80's high-hair..

9. new wave terror

new wave terror

Yea,Id like to replace the top first.Maybe chop it later on.If this is even possible

10. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

If you really want to fix it, hmm not sure what is worse new roof or new bottom half of quarters all the way around on and new rockers. How bad is the rest of the body lower quarters, rockers, fenders, floors?

11. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

You don't need no stinking roof!

12. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I wasn't going to say anything but really,unless you just want to work a bunch ,I wouldn't want to tackle that job,

Can it be fixed ?

YES SURE..If you want to spend the time and money on it....

Is it cost effective ?

NO ,You can find 53 and 54 Chevy's pretty easy now a days, and for cheap most the

time..........

My OPINION ....Use it for patch panels or other parts ...part it out ...or salvage it...

Use your time,money and energy on something better....

You asked........my two cents worth................

13. new wave terror

new wave terror

I appreciate all the comments.Good or bad.

14. Squablow

Squablow

I'm sure I sound like a broken record already, but if I had this car and I wanted to build it, I'd take off the doors and the rear quarter sections and weld them into a clean 4 door. You'll want the seats too if this car has seats.

This is the perfect donor car to convert a 4 door, and it'll be way easier/cleaner and cheaper than trying to fix this car since it's so mangled. The only good parts of this car will be saved in the process so nothing goes to waste. 4 doors are cheap.

15. roddinron

roddinron

^^^^^^^If you really want a cheap 53, I'd say that's the way to go on this one.

16. new wave terror

new wave terror

As much as I hate it I may just have to part it and dump the money on my shop.Thats the better bet anyways.

17. Squablow

Squablow

It really doesn't pay to keep it around as a whole car as-is, so parting it out is a good option. But you could hang onto the doors and quarters for a future project and sell off the rest of the parts too. Would make more space that way.

If this car was a 32 Ford or a Lincoln-Zephyr 3W or a '57 Chevy convert or a whatever, it might be worth it, but as a '53 Chevy it's a little too rough to be worth the effort.

18. hvychvy

hvychvy

I'd say cut the top off,and make a roadster,if you want to keep it.Otherwise,I'd look for a doner body to make a good one.As posted, these cars are fairly easy to find for a decent price.Either way,keep truckin,if anything it's good practice.:)

19. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

what was that car that "starlite r&c" did with the 60's roof on the 50's body?
    the purple one.

Just drinkin out loud...
    TP

20. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

this one...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

don't know what would be a good top donor but it'd be a real custom!

TP

21. new wave terror

new wave terror

That it would.That thing is wild.

22. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

You probably could messagge the metal back to its former self. I coudn't but you probably could.