Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do T-buckets get no respect?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xlr8, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

"They are actually the first hot rod and are very traditional in the hobby, much more traditional than alot of so-called rat rods."

T-Buckets as we know them were hardly the first hot rods.......the first hot rods that ran the dry lakes in SOuthern California may have been T roadsters, but they were far from what we know as T Buckets of the modern era........the modern T Bucket is not *very traditional*......as you say, and so called rat rods arent' *traditional* in any sense......

CB

2. :rolleyes: I guess it's true.....

" Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one "

:cool:

3. raven

raven

This is mine.
    In answer to your original question...
    WHO CARES?!!
    r

Attached Files:

4. Mizlplix

Mizlplix
    from S/W USA

"Fiberglass has been around for 50 years so how is it not traditional ?"

I am glad someone had the balls to say that. Actually I think it has been around a lot longer. I have a 1949 Nash/Kelvinator built fiberglass midget body. So it is at least 69 years old.

What is the oldest fiberglass anyones ever heard of?

5. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

mine, and ya who cares, drive it!

[​IMG]

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

How sweet it is!!!....I would love to see the wanna-be bashers that say "everyone has one" show pictures of theirs. Bucket "T"s are cool even if they are flatblack.

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

I've had 2 T-buckets yearrrrrrrs ago, but when I built mine, I built them low-to-the-ground and used Buick power too. What a hoot they were to drive and enjoy, yes they had no storage, and small gas tanks, but so does my "A" Coupe!
    It all comes down to taste .....like in anything.

8. T Buckets are way cool if done right. They got a bad rap with the 70/80's cliched cookie cutter bucket much like glass cars today get a bad rap due to the pay 50K, pull a lever and out pops a glass 32 with a SBC, whallah you got a hot rod now. I think anything overdone to the point of flooding the market or scene, they just bought a bad rap. T's themselves are very cool whether they are steel or glass. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess and as long as you're happy with it, drive the piss out of it and enjoy it. We love our T inspired Dodge Roadster.

[​IMG]

9. One of my favorite T's that I consider to hit the mark just right.

[​IMG]

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I love mine. This one was the first one that really rubbed me the right way in person. I think a great deal of them walk a fine line but that really can go for any car. Some people get carried away and some show restraint. Some are cool some are not, but I love mine and it's staying in the stable.

[​IMG]

11. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

I don't know if my Tee is very traditional. It's tight fit and dosen't have room to carry much. But when ever I drive it around town people honk and wave. When I park it, people gather around to take a closer look at it. Every one seams to like it .... But most important is I like it ,and thats all that counts...

Attached Files:

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yes, this rules.

13. saratoga56

saratoga56
    from NY

Two bad buckets!

Attached Files:

14. Anybody mind if I throw a few vintage pics in this thread?
    None are mine, just pics I've found on the web.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Not!..
    I dont have one...sniff sniff..hey wheres my cool T bucket?..I didnt get one..:rolleyes:

Personally, i think they are cool as hell...and ryndboys..if your hiding MY T bucket from me..its time to bring it home.

16. I don't consider mine to be a "T-bucket" in the traditional sense.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna climb in it and go have afternoon coffee with the old guys. :)

Attached Files:

17. I like mine just fine...but like everything I've ever had, it's for sale to make room for the Fiat comp coupe that's getting ready to come home.
    It's sure no cookie cutter bucket, but a track roadster with many hand formed aluminum parts.

Attached Files:

18. rjgideon

rjgideon

Back from the dead. At least you picked a decent post to drag back up to the top.

T's are cool. I saw one with a nice tufted plush interior a few weeks ago. It had been around the block a few times because the burgundy velvet was faded pretty bad. I had a lot of respect for that, just knowing that it had some history.

19. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Remember your ad, sometimes it's hard to believe how hard it is to sell something at a reasonable price, maybe if you asked more someone will step up? Neat little car though.

20. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I think this car is cool as shit and would rock it in a second. Is that early injection I spy?

[​IMG]

21. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

You got that on point!

Make that four cents.

22. Tomcat65

Tomcat65
    from Stockholm

I just love some of these 60s style T buckets, sort of a mix between a Ford Model T and a front enginge dragster and for the street,
    very cool and rad imo,:)

,,,but as with every build, some guys just dont succced building a nice car dont matter if its a -32 or a 23 bucket,
    its all about taste and eye for it simple as that,

also I dont see why some guys are soo upset about Glassbodies ?

I mean everybody here loves Big Daddy Ed Roth right ,
    I mean all builds he did was glass !!! ;)
    steel is coolest but glass is nice to if its a cool build imo

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Dude, that's a sweet ass T Bucket.

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I checked it out. I hope it's around for a while longer. We'll talk.;)

25. Tomcat65

Tomcat65
    from Stockholm

you got to remember this is a 70s style era build and that style with murals lots of chrome etc were hot stuff back then , I grew up as a teenager in 70s and I really kind of like that stuff even though I personally own a more late 50s styled traditional A roadster now
    the car on the pic it self looks pretty wild and 60s influnced to me, have you checked out some harley chopper from those days ?

if you dont like it,,fine why so much anger and hate ???
    I really really dont get that , for crying out loud we all have the same hobby, no ,

26. lehr

lehr

I second that !

27. NasT

NasT
    from MD

I never really understood why they get no respect either. Most of the parts are the same as any 32. Just different body & frame. I guess it depends on how they are finished. I don't care, I like mine, it's a blast to drive, and it turns heads. And they don't break the bank!

Jim

28. skunx1964

skunx1964

yup, didnt even notice that due to all the shiny, lol. vette motor. ha, that signature is awesome, its a signature! sometimes simple things amuse me.....:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.