Register now to get rid of these ads!

~~~Where are the Arizona Rodders~~~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zeitlerusmc, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Munson

Munson
    from Tempe, AZ

Ray and Dobson here.. :)

2. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

Outside of Tucson here.........closer to the border...........

3. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

We're north of Bell Road between Cave Creek and Highway 51, which is an area that has a lot of hobby farms. You know you're getting close when you can smell the horses.

Dave Mann
    (602) 233-8400
    http://www.roadsters.com/

4. :confused:Burn Out Bob
    I'm a 6/6er 6 in LHC & 6 in Vale,Or
    Couldn't stand LHC so bought a house in Ft Mohave.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  5. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Hey Burn Out,

Does that mean you'll be returning to LHC this winter?

Maybe I'll make plans for us to go to the car show in Needles again :)

Bullet Nose

(297)

6. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Checkin' in from Tempe, Baseline and 101.

7. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

<TABLE class=tborder id=post3216374 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100&#37;" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_3216374 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid">"I'm from Tucson. Only 18 but I hear about the illegal drags all the time. Where is the mount lemon cut off. I'm out my Catalina Hwy, was it out there?" The cut off was the strip of the Catalina Hyway right as you come out from the last curve and the road runs straight. The races were from the first cattle guard at the top and ran about a 1/2 mile down to the 2nd cattle guard. Sometimes there were 40/50 cars parked at the finish. Hell of a mess when the cops would raid it..headlights and quart beer bottles all over the desert!
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid">[​IMG] [​IMG] </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

8. YEP check your mail

9. There was also street racing on broadway from houghton east towards the Saguaro Nat'l east. by starting at the 1st telephone pole and counting 29 down basically it was called 29 poles and there is Los Relas out at the dump. My very first drag race show that I was taken too by my pops was Tucson Drag way back in 1977. The mountlemmon cut off that you are talking about is still used once in a great while but not much anymore. Also on your way out too SIR there used to be street racing on the road into IBM before it got all built up.

10. padorey

padorey

New to Tucson only here 28 years. No mater how hot it gets, you don't have to shovel the heat.Love this time of year.

11. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Hey B.O.B. .....

I tried to E-mail you this morning but the message bounced. Maybe something is frozen up there on your end. It's still up in the 90's here so be sure to bring your sweat band with you. :)

Hope to see you and Peggy soon.

Bullet Nose Bill

(301)

12. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Gilbert Arizona checking in.

13. Queen Creek/Gilbert checkin in here. Been in AZ since '75:eek: Love this time of year. I would love for all the Zonies to get together and not at the Pavillions. We need a Southern meeting spot, I should have the Rat Truck up pretty soon and I would love to cruise and yack with fellow hamb'ers

14. just north of historic downtown Mesa :eek:....

15. jerry

jerry

What about a get together at the In-N-Out on Ray and the I-10 on a Fri or Sat evening?

Getting to be the nice driving time of year.

jerry

16. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

I would have to pack my car in the back of my truck to bring it out. But if you guys want to set a place I'd be there for sure.

17. SunPirate

SunPirate
    from Phoenix,AZ

Ahwatukee here. JohnEvans is right, it was cooler here back in the 60's and 70's. I remember when everything South of Baseline was cotton, all the roads out there were one lane concrete, and to drive from Tempe to Gilbert was a drive through the "country". I don't go to the Pavillions much, but do make it a couple of times a year. Haven't been out to the AZ Ave and Ocotillo yet but will try soon. Mainly I like to DRIVE my car, so I'm likely to run up to Globe for lunch, Payson for breakfast, Tucson the back way. Stuff like that. I wish more guys like to do runs instead of shows. I'd be up for a run somewhere once a month.

Dave V
    1937 Ford 2.3 "Banger" Powered 1937 Jag SS-100 replica
    100&#37; built by me.
    http://www.myrideisme.com/FullImage/71e943c4f8860779202b4bd561c6f615.jpg/848/

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

Arizona & Ocotillo on Friday nights has a good car show. Behind the Old Chicago Bar & Grill. That is where the Hamb' should take over. It is already a decent show but it could be better.

19. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

North Phoenix here,havn't been to the Pavillions in about a year.Like said before phony people and Scottsdale is the land of big brother,cameras everywhere.If the only place that has it is Scottsdale I don't need it.I live at 32nd st. and t-bird since 76 love AZ

20. Theopwk

Theopwk
    from Spokane WA

They are cruisin Main in DownTown Mesa on the 1st Friday of every month. Still pretty small, but at least its somethin. Ill get out to check the AZ ave and Ocotillo one one of these days, but for now, I can throw a rock to the Kmart cruise, so Ill stick around here. Anyone doing a big roll out to Goodguys?

21. 26TA&PFCC

26TA&PFCC
    from Tucson

Finally getting into posting, when you work on the computer all day it is hard to look at it again!

Anyhow, Tucson SINNER with a 26 something!

22. Once I get my car finished that sounds good, anyone want to help wire her up, or make brake/fuel lines, or build a pedal assembly, or have a windshield for a 30/31 Model A or or or &#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;&#8230;.:cool::cool:

23. Finally!! welcome to the hamb bro!

24. Where do you Havasu guys hang out on Saturday nights?

Burn Out Bob sure gets around in his roadster.
    Showed up at my house driving his 32 one day last year and encouraged me to drive mine down there.

May just do that once the highway gears are in....:D

25. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Don't know about Saturday night but Saturday mornings there's a cruise that starts about 11:00 AM and goes til about 1:00 PM at Weinerschnitzel near So Palo Verde and LH Ave.

Just got back from Kingman and saw a Tri State Motor News there with the article you wrote. Good Job!

Oh, there's also a car show this Saturday at Anderson Chrysler so the cruise at the weiner place may be off, who knows?

Still haven't heard from B.O.B. so maybe he's on his way.

Someone was suposed to be putting together a day at the proving grounds but I haven't heard when that will be. Have you been since Ford sold it to Chrysler?

We could always meet half way for lunch but that would be in Yucca and, well you know what's in Yucca. Guess we'd have to brown bag it.

Bill

(302)

26. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Out in Phoenix

-sam

27. We have a Saturday morning donut run as well.
    0800 is the designated and unofficial time.
    I get there at 0740 -0800 and many of them are already there.

It's at the donut shop on Stockton Hill Rd., north of the cemetary.
    The donut shop's about a mile or two north of Andy Devine Blvd. (Route 66) on the left (west).

Go up the hill on Andy Devine from Old Town - Locomotive Park etc. - and turn left at the first stoplight.
    Stockton Hill is to the left and Hualapai Mountain road to the right.
    Stockton turns into Hualapai at that intersection so don't be confused.
    The - now closed - Hot Rod Cafe is to the left at that intersection.

I'll see if some of the donut gang would want to go down.
    Got a couple of pals who may come along as well.

I'll let you know on that.

Haven't been to the proving grounds or even by it since ChryCo bought it.
    Kinda miss all the new Ford trucks hauling the dynamometer trailers around the big loop and up the long grade out of Laughlin.

Fwiw, Harley has an in at the proving grounds as well and will be doing some of their testing there.

Thanks for the article comments.
    I supplied photos etc., but the editor chose to use his own....

28. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Actually, HD has been there for awhile. A few years ago, before the V-Rod was introduced, it was being tested there. Our club was invited to Ford's open house and they had curtins all around the HD area so we couldn't see it. One of the guys working for HD told us what was behind the curtin and that it was a top secret project.

(304)

29. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

Phoenix......lots of us here......Central cruise tonight should be a good one.

30. IM4GOTN

IM4GOTN

you missed Cars in the Park in Sierra Vista, AZ
    every October.