Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Scene at Maxton - ECTA - October 2008

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt 2009, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Salt 2009

Salt 2009

Figured if I could make the 2200 mile trek to Speedweek, I surely could make the 270 mile drive to North Carolina for Maxton.​

Didnt get to see anyone run due to the rain delay on Saturday, but snapped a few shots to share.​

There was a diverse variety of cars in attendance. The pale yellow Studebaker was from Canada and the 32 Tudor was from New York and both appeared to be driven to the event and and both were registered as participants.​

Dallas​

Attached Files:

2. Salt 2009

Salt 2009

More pics ....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  3. Salt 2009

Salt 2009

..another pic

Attached Files:

4. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Don't stop now! More pix!

5. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

6. Salt 2009

Salt 2009

More pics.....

Attached Files:

7. Thanks for the coverage. I need to get up there one of these days.

8. PatMonaco

PatMonaco

The 32 Tudor is the ex president of the Rochester Street Rod Club in Rochester, NY (Gary Buehler) Great guy!

Pat Monaco

9. Great pics, Dallas!
    I hope you don't mind if I add mine to this thread.

10. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click for videos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click for video:

[​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

Videos:

[​IMG]

191.894 mph:

[​IMG]

13. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

The red and black belly tanker seen behind the sprint car belongs to Ron Richardson, another Rochester guy and another past president of the Rocheser Street Rods. The sprint car belongs to guy named Bob (need some help here!) from Penn Yan, NY, just a hop, skip and jump from Rochester. The yellow A roadster, #531, a record holder at Bonneville, belongs to Doug Kenny of Florida, but who got his car nut roots right here in, you guessed it, Rochester, NY!

I guess there must be something in the air up here in the frozen tundra which causes such car craziness to infect such a HUGE (private joke for us Rochesterians) group of people. As an example, our club, has over 150 members right now.

Oooooooops, sorry for hijacking this thread, I'm just very proud of the Rochester connection and the cars that come out of this area. I'll shut up now...

14. sololobo

sololobo

Thanks for the super exciting videos. Fab. event, way cool rides!!~Sololobo~

15. Salt 2009

Salt 2009

Scott.... Thanks for bringing this thread to life with your videos... The stude was the first thing I heard when it fired up at the Hampton Inn on Saturday morning... sounds much better at full throttle though.... Hope to be there to run in the spring....

Bonneville gets all the hype, but where else can you run between a peanut patch and a cotton field. BTW they did have a large pile of salt there as well....lol

Dallas

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  16. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

This thing rules!! Sweet stude:D

17. didn't happen to any speed numbers

18. fish3495

fish3495

I went to the Sept meet and had an awesome time. It was a bike meet and there were less cars. But the cars that were there were great. Everyone was so friendly and I couldn't stand next to a car without someone chatting with me. Great atmophere. Very few profssionals. The records and spreadsheets for Oct are on www.ecta-lsr.com. I want to bring my 63 TBird next April. Thanks for the pictures and videos.

Rick

19. no bux rod

no bux rod

Scott,

Tried to make it last week end but didn't. Thanks for the Videos. I can't wait to get my Mopar flathead motor built and make it to Maxton.

N B R

20. Thanks for letting me crash your thread. ;)

Not to mention all the fire ants EVERYwhere. :eek: