Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 88 engine swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hispanicviking, Oct 26, 2008.

1. hispanicviking

hispanicviking

Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone can help me. I have a 56 Olds 88 with a blown 324. I don't have the money to rebuild the motor at this time, so I was going to pull it out and put it in my garage so I can build it someday. I know this sounds really bad, but for the meantime I have a sbc and th350 I was going to put in the car so I can cruse it. I was told that I could use a front mount tri five chevy engine mount, but I am not 100% sure if that will work and I am not to sure were I should mount it on the frame. The car also has power steering and power brakes, and was wondering if can use the sbc power steering pump and still be able to run new lines to the gearbox . Any tips or ideas are greatly abliged.

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

3. Wolfie

Wolfie

Please don't ruin that Olds!!!!

Wolf

4. Is that "blown" 324 blown in the sense of supercharged or blown in the sense of rod through the side of the block?

5. Kurt

Kurt

Im going to have a runner 324 with trans for sale here real soon. Also have a 394 runner.

6. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Seems as if the 324's were not the strongest of the Rockets, heard alot of blown up 324's on hamb. Abuse usually does the rocket in. TLC works on these engines. And BTW: I have a 50 olds with original 303 and it still runs great. Stick with Rocket!