Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got a free Econoline SuperVan today, what year is it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onelowponcho, Oct 25, 2008.

1. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

Old man bought land, van was on land, he didn't like the van
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got it running in about in three hours, need a historical document if you have one. Also looking for the headlight bezels, pm me if you want to sell them. The white house paint is coming off real easy at the carwash, original brown paint looks ok underneath. What year is it?

2. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

Taillight housings say '64, and it has a padded dash? Was padded dash available in '64?

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

4. the vin plate will tell the year when decoded. whats the vin #?

5. There's a Yahoo! user group called oldeconolines, there's a guy there that loves decoding vins and will definitely help you out. Yours looks exactly like my '67 supervan, with the exception that mine was a panel. If I could see a pic of the tails I could tell you for sure.

6. 1st # of the VIN is the last # of the year, as in 6 is 1966.

7. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Nice van, saw one of the Econoline generation 1 pickups the other day, thought about the dodge little red wagon.

8. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

It's got taillights that look like 67 ford pick up, not the rounds ones. The right front drum is stuck real bad. I'm kind of held up til it breaks loose, any tips?

9. Back off the adjuster as far as you can and beat on it.
    If that doesn't work, grind the heads off the retaining pins and unbolt the wheel cylinder, then take the hub off.

10. Back off the spindle nut a few turns, then try moving forward and back turning your wheels. This can often break your wheel free when a BFH doesn't work. You can also try using Rust Buster around the studs and around the rear of the drums and get a heavy duty puller from a rental then us a pneumatic gun or a long breaker bar with a long ass pipe to pull the drum.
    I'd go with loosening the castle nut and trying to drive the truck myself.

11. I'm taking it for granted that the whell is totally frozen. Your way is correct to break the shoes from the drum .

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Looks like a '67 to me... Check the master cylinder, if it's a dual res, it's a '67. Cool score!

13. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

Ahh what fun that van will be.

Had one, drove the shit out of it. Wrapped it around a pole on an icy street when my bare engine block that I was using for weight in the back turned over and thru the back end around and I lost control of it. Then on recovery, wrapped it around a pole about 1am. Stripped it of ownership and walked away from it.

Man I miss that van.

Good luck!!!:D

14. seret

seret

I think all supervans have square taillights no matter what year. your vin will Id the year. note: if the vin tag is missing from the door it is stamped in the hump just behind the engine cover. you have a padded dash and your engine is the 240 C.I. i would guess at least a 66. get a Mac's catolog they sell econoline parts. heres mine<p>[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

SERET--Can you post pics of the "hump" your talking about? Mine is missing the VIN tag. Thanks.

16. TERPU

TERPU

I've got the headlight rrings for you

Tim

17. skyrodder

skyrodder

18. 2008 ...will be so for two months and few days

the year of your van
    dunno

19. ray

ray
    from colorado

and that master cylinder is worth more than the whole rest of the van. they can go for a few hundred each.

20. -Brent-

-Brent-

Ha ha ha....!

21. seret

seret

here it is. just behind the engine cover, you will probably have tar and crap covering them. <p>[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Were there any old plates on the truck or old registration slips in it? You might be able to track down the PO that way. Or have the gent who gave it to you give you a bill of sale.

23. racer756

racer756

24. Glad you got it back under control for at least a little while:rolleyes:

25. 6tall

6tall

Goes to prove I was born I was born into the wrong family ....... I need to find a relative looking to give away a mid-sixties Econoline van. In fact, I'm looking for anyone to give me a mid-sixties Econoline van. I'm not fussy. By the way, congrats on the score.

26. onelowponcho

onelowponcho

Starts from the seat, busted the shit loose, drove it in the field and did a burnout in the street. Time to fix the brakes and get a title. Motor sounds excellent, tranny shifts like it should. No brakes at all. Power washer won't take anymore white paint off, van looks like shit. I'm stoked

27. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

28. Kustm52

Kustm52

I've got a pair of headlight rings too if you still need them.. pm me.