Register now to get rid of these ads!

On the road again—Got My A Roadster back in action after a 30 year hiatus!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChevyGirlRox, Oct 6, 2008.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Only one thing I'd change on that car, replace the sealbeams with original lenses and halogin bulbs. Still sorry I missed you at Hershey.

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

great thread,,you did a fantastic job on the car,,,,
    the pictures made it even better,,,,,

3. Killer, just killer!

You should call the guy you got it from and tell him you have something for him that you found in the car.... Its soul! Go up there in it, but don't tell him and let him take it for a drive! He'd be stoked!

Nice story, so happy for ya.

-Shiny

4. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Megan, nice job, your making me wonder why I'm taking so long with my wagon:eek:. It's really exciting to see someone get their car up and running so fast, gives me hope:D.

5. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Awesome job on the car. I am so jealous of your ride though ;)

6. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Congrats! Good job...has the smile left your face???

7. DRD57

DRD57

8. bsmdeuce

bsmdeuce

Cool,congrats megan!!!

9. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Yeaaaaaaaaa.....clap! clap! clap!

10. aceguy

aceguy

Very cool Megan! I love old fords! Keep the fenders for a while. It's part of it's character.

11. Lakeshadow

Lakeshadow

Passion I have yet to know.

12. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

your going to have so much fun with this car. I love how You drove it up and down the driveway first! I bet you couldn't wait to go around the block. lol nice roadster, great job. Jared

13. myke

myke
    from SoCal

14. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Drive the hell out of it and keep us posted on your adventures.

Dang cool ride!!

15. pvcerod

pvcerod
    from Australia

:cool:;) Hey! Megan that is so inspirational........well done to You, your Mum & I take it that the Lil Helper was your Brother. :cool:;):)

16. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

LOVE the car...not too many things on the planet cooler than a Model A roadster...unless it's a Model A roadster 'survivor' brought back to life by an enthusiastic new owner!! :D:cool:

One suggestion, though...instead of a hopped B-motor as an upgrade, I think a V8-60 (baby flathead) would be a killer motor for that car, almost nearly a bolt-in, too!!

Oh, and leave the fenders on it! :)

17. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I haven't done anything to the roadster, just been driving it. Now that the snow has started to fly :( I'm putting my winter plans together. I'll be sure to post progress threads as I make improvements.

As part of the deal for the Model A, I helped clean out the barn it had been housed in for all of these years in preparation for the barn and property sale. While doing that I came across some neat old pics, including some of a (possibly my) Model A roadster. The guy tells me this could have been the same car but with different fenders, I see no indication of that on the car though. Cool none the less...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a bench for the cute kids :D
    [​IMG]

Also on a historical note, I took my 85 year old grandpa for a ride a few weeks back. He had quite a few Model A's in his day. He was sharp as a tack about knowing what year it was and adjusting the idle mixture as we putted around his small town. Definitely time I will treasure forever!

[​IMG]

18. VERY cool pic of you and Gramps! My Grandpa owned a lot of T's and A's as well...and still rememebers all about them. My Dad's 1923 T did not have a key for the ignition when he got it, and ol gramps said he still had a ket from his first Model T. Wouldn't you know it worked!!! (can't be too many key designs from back then)

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well what'd'ya know, you've got your Weezner hoodie on....I never would have guessed.:rolleyes::D

AWESOME photo of you and grandpa.

20. That is the stuff that make it all worth it, Great photo with grandpa. CBB

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You have to be the favorite grandchild with a smile like that on your Granddaddy's face.

22. pvcerod

pvcerod
    from Australia

That's Priceless Megan........well done. ;):)

23. Good job Megan. Take care and hopefully see you somewhere this year. I got my kiss from Denise and am still owed one from you.
    Take care of that grandpa.
    Later,
    Dick

24. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I've decided to sell my Model A roadster that this thread is about. PM or email me if you are interested. The car runs and drives great- I've put about 600 miles on it in the last month.

I want to list it in the classifieds but haven't figured out how to do that on this new system yet.....

The37Kid likes this.
  25. The37Kid

The37Kid

That car will be a great Christmas gift for some one. Bob

26. Saw it for sale on Insta. If i had the money it would be mine! goodluck

27. I haven't been on here in months, all of the sudden my phone goes off with a yellow light.... never seen a yellow light. Wow the HAMB, sad to see you selling the roadster but understand the cars come and go same as the people who used to be on this forum. I particularly miss Dueceroadster and C9. Haven't been on much because of the new format. End of rant.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!