Register now to get rid of these ads!

how should i ask?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junk fiend, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Creepy old ladies just need some good lovin' and that back seat ...

2. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

As has been stated, be polite, don't wear your Iron Maiden T shirt, be prepared to leave a name and number, doesn't hurt to have a figure in mind to offer (something for her to think about), and MONEY TALKS, be prepared to close the deal if she says yes its for sale and you think the price is right. Cash is a big motivator.
    Good luck.

3. junk fiend

junk fiend

i dont acually know if she is creepy i only said that because my parents saw her in pink bell bottoms. and her house is hidden by a 10 foot high wall of cactus and bushes.

4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Put a note on the door or ring the door bell and ask.This is how I picked up my wife's 51 Mercury and my good friend bought a 29 convertible truck he had in the garage .All this less that 2 miles from my house and a note on a door .My 2 cents

5. NOTCH

NOTCH

You have to ware some kind of exterminator outfit and tell her that there was a call in on a Big Rat that ran into her garage and you have to catch it, and bring a big ass rat trap..

That will get you in fer sure

6. seret

seret

She could be a MILF get over there!!! show up in a speedo and tell her your volleyball went over her back yard fence

7. May not be that way in CA but down here in the south it's "yes mam" "no mam" .. etc ...

8. JAWS

JAWS

Why not?

9. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Exactly my thoughts. Old people have the BEST stories! Even if you don't get a car out of the visit, who knows what you'll learn. My boss is 83 and surprises me every day. She saw Sally Rand live! This old bird would probably be glad to have someone even say hello. Hell, maybe you should help her get it running so she can drive it! :cool:

10. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

11. oldsman71

oldsman71

:eek:
    :eek:
    :eek::eek::eek: DUDE!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

12. Let someone know when you're going over there. Just in case you end up in her freezer.

13. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Pink bell-bottoms in LA? What's the problem? The old guy that used to live next door to me used to come out and yell and cuss at my bamboo plants! Now that's creepy.

Hey, I'm with 'Oilslinger53'. I wanna got talk to her too. I'm nearby.

Like everbody's been sayin' just be honest and polite. And if you find out what it is, and it's something you really want, tell her how much you like it. Some of these people who've had stuff for years are more inclined to "let it go" to someone who really shows they like it, instead of acting indifferent and disinterested, to try to get it at a better price. I got my '31 coupe from an old guy only after he knew how much I liked and wanted it. It took a couple of years, but he wound up giving it to me for nothing!

Good luck, and keep us all updated. Remember...'creepy old ladies' need love too...Eeeewww, did I actually say that?! :eek::D

14. I stop and asked an old lady about a '60 Impala H/T and she said "I guess so if you've got a lot of money you don't need." Funniest thing I'd heard in a long time. HAHAHA!!

15. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

sshhh. Don't rush the man. He is probably working the sheets right now. He'll have it in the morning. I am sure he will tell us all about it with a photo story.

16. junk fiend

junk fiend

i havnt gone over their yet. but my mom ended up talking to the people across the street from the old lady and my mom went to highschool with their son so they said that they would ask about it. found out the old lady has a son, hope that doesnt screw me over. and iv been driving past her house everyday to see if the garage is open but no luck.

17. EL BOZITO

EL BOZITO
    from EAST BAY

i have to agree with seret. ive been known to rock all kinds of venues in my speedo. bars, pools, weddings, etc. ive NEVER had bad luck. just ask the SNUGGLERS if you can find them.

18. I was in the final stages of a deal in 1985 with a nice older lady for a '67 Karmann Ghia with 6,000 miles and a brand new engine (apparently, the 67's had a defect) and wanted "whatever the bluebook value is"...

BUT, she couldn't find the title- turns out her son in Cambridge had it. "Oh, you wouldn't be interested anymore. He wants WAY too much money for it". I called; he did.

End of story.

19. seret

seret

Here he is hangin with security at the Santa Maria Inn, Bar. see the speedo works.<p>[​IMG]

20. junk fiend

junk fiend

so i should tottaly rock a speedo when i go over their.:cool:

21. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Do you want the car? If necessary, yes.

Why aren't you over there now? It's getting late and old ladies go to bed early.

22. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

It saddens me that I didn't have someone like Seret around when I was growing up. Oh, the snatch I coulda landed...

23. Solidaxel

Solidaxel

Ask your folks to go back and talk to her!!!

24. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

25. Racrdad

Racrdad

Here is how you ask - with honesty and integrity. Remember, you might think she is creepy and old and she might think you are creepy and young. Or she might think you are a hot young buck so be careful and let someone know where you are going before you head over there. Wouldnt want to end up tied up in the cellar or something!

26. EL BOZITO

EL BOZITO
    from EAST BAY

notice 1. how big a snugglers ween is and 2. i was ready to attack in the doe...

27. Yes indeed! what he said!

28. str8axleford

str8axleford

Just have to say screw it and do it... We got many cars from talking to neighbors and knocking on doors... Just have to be polite and that like mentioned, and show interest. Compliments work good too....

29. Read " The Cobra in the Barn" by Tom Cotter. Lots of advice and good stories. He also did a follow on "The hemi in the Barn"

Good luck!