Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some neat stuff i found at an Old Junk Yard.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cataldo, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Cataldo

Cataldo

Some years ago i happened upon this junk yard of "Old Cars and Trucks", i took the owners card and forgot about it until a few days ago. When I was cleaning out my Jeep, really went through and cleaned the thing up, i found the card and decided to call him up. Well he didn't have what i needed but i figured to see what he had anyway.

He lost some 90% of his collection to the city and to a fire (A big one), but he still had some good stuff! Everything from the 40's and earlier was burned and junked, although he still has a good number of Flat Heads lying around, I'm not a flat head guru so i can not tell you much about them except that the one i was looking at did have a strom' on top.

There was a '57, '58, '59 Caddy's there. A couple Chryslers (A New Yorker and a 300 class probably). A De Soto that was pretty stripped. There was a '49 Chevy with a flat head swapped in. Two early 60's T-birds. and two earlier 50's Caddy's with there motors complete.

Then there was your string of tri five Chevy's an early 50's Buick (~'52). One pontiac that had a rear end (Everything else was gone). Some pretty neat stuff there was some more but i can't remember.

So I am going to try an nab one of those Caddy motors, a Rear end from something (Where is a good place to find some info on BOP, Chevy, Cadillac, rear ends?) and see if i can not find a manual trans to connect the two ends. If money and space allows, Im going to try and grab a flat head or two as well.

When ever i next make it down there I'll have to grab the camera.

2. junk fiend

junk fiend

is this a public junkyard or some guys stash? weres it at?

3. Cataldo

Cataldo

Its a couple people's stash right now, i guess he was a junk yard when i first visited it (Some 3 years ago?) but an honest 90% of it was burnt/Junked. I know he said he is moving his stuff to his house i believe (LA area i think he said). As i only know him, and hardly at that, I don't want to give out his information with out his knowledge, plus some of it isn't his, the Caddy's aren't i know. What are you interested? I can always ask him.

4. junk fiend

junk fiend

thanks just wanted to see if it was public so i could look around i dont really need anything.

5. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

i would be interested in some of the 59 caddy stuff though