Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Friday Art Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Empire32, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryC.

GaryC.

This weeks
    new piece is a small pencil drawing...
    plus a few of my older creations.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. Keeper, she's a keeper!!!

Gary, I'm lovin' the vectorin'!!!!

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Steve

THAT HELMET rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will call ya!:)

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

HOLY!!!! WOW! is she a model??? cause if she isnt, she has missed her calling man!
    classy!!!!!

5. That is truly sick, Slickmanart, some wicked airbrush work!

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

stinky diaper is full jeffro tull..........should i change and check in tommarrow? man, you just love to torcher me dontcha?????damn candianaderiaons!

8. These have been on the wall for a while now, but they haven't been seen here before, so thought that i'd share.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

here's four 1offs I made for a fund raiser. They are going to be part of a silent auction tomorrow in San Angelo. Proceeds are going to the victims of Hurrican Ike in Sabine Pass. Reportedly, out of a 200+ home community, only 14 residential structures reamin standing...

These each sport 1 of the 4 suit from a deck of cards. I took the liberty of changing the club to a clover. I figure they are going to need a little luck to win the hand they got dealt. They are also going to ned some help...

They are made from durable cowhide, w/ the suits inlayed in Red or Black bullfrog and accented by a contrasting stitch. The inside pocket also sport a white stitch cross the top; and is made from black goat skin. They are all lined with A black, cream and gold Asian silk.

Attached Files:

10. Jeez Louise!! Norwell is "Da Man"!!

Jeff, you did an incredible job on this years commemoretive "tin" design for the 2009 Chicago Brushmasters Charity Art Auction to benefit the Ronald McDonald House in Oak Lawn, Il. near Christ Advocate Childrens Hospital.

Monies from the sale of our tins, t-shirts and most of all, the artwork created by some of Chicagoland's and beyond, pinstripers and sign artists will be donated to this most deserving cause. On account our entire production is donated, every single dime collected goes to the charity. We do not charge for anything in producing this charity panel jam. In fact, members of the Northern Illinois Ronald McDonald Charity are on hand during the entire World of Wheels Chicago show and collect the money generated by the auction. We don't even touch it. That makes our art auction very above board, just like it's done at the Milwaukee "Pinstripe Legends" charity art auction. Those guys are our inspiration.

I'm so sorry for hijacking the thread, but we're really, really excited about Jeff's effort for us. His art style compliments what we were trying to convey for this years "tin".

The artwork reflects the lettering done by Dan Coyler of Blue Isalnd, Il. who lettered most of Chris "the Greek" Karimesnies drag cars. Jeff's renditon of the "Chizler" FED is awesome. We tied the tin artwork with Mr. Coyler who is receiving a lifetime achievement award from us at the Chicago WOW in 2009. I will have to do a special HAMB "folks of interest" story on him. His life with cars is what the HAMB is all about.

Anyway, Jeff just "KILLED" with this latest test of his endless talent. As you can well see in his other work on this thread.

With special thanks to Del Swanson, I know I can speak for the entire Chicago Brushmaster commitee in saying a big hearty "Chicago" thank you to Jeff Norwell.

Thanks again my friend,

Joel

11. I dug up this mouldy oldie from about 20 years ago, a pencil and ink sketch, a "what if" combination of Eddie from Iron Maiden as a drag racer.[​IMG]

12. Heya Joel, out of curiosity, how much are the tins going to go for at WOW? Since I no longer live in Chicago and can't get to the WOW like I used to, I'd like to support my hometown Brushmasters somehow if I can afford to. (Plus, that geeky Norwell fella did a nice job on it too, so I wouldn't be ashamed to hang it in my house either.... heh)

Post it here or PM me if you like. Thanks!

13. jez-h-r

jez-h-r

Great work from everybody, as per usual. Norwell, don't you ever sleep or are you just the world's fastest artist?
    I've tried something different this week a bit of digital art. It started out as a pen & ink sketch then colourised an manipulated in the mighty photoshop.
    By the way I just discovered this cool site-http://blog.modernmechanix.com/ A bit OT but if you like old technology and assorted wierdness you'll love it.

Attached Files:

14. Britt8M

Britt8M

Wow!!! You guys were working over time this week on your artwork, Jeff Norwell must not get much sleep he puts out so much artwork!! Great stuff, I'm a fan. Von Franco... that is a cooool franken halloween hot rod, can't wait to scare the kids in my neighborhood!! Steve V.. cool car, I like to see old cars from Australia, BonesMSD.. very cool artwork, Dutch Courage... the keiser would be proud of that hot rod!!

[​IMG]

15. halloweenie next week kids, i can't wait

Attached Files:

16. rollie

rollie

here's 180 feet of 'tiquer striping I did at RM weeks ago....,,

Attached Files:

17. hey Rollie!!! great to see some new stuff from you!!!

Jeff.....damn you......im not even gona post anything.....thanks!!!
    call me, i have that manniquin all fixed up if you still want her...i e-mailed you some pics...

slickman...saw it on myspace..great job dude, i think your really onto something with those helmets!!

great show everyone!!!

im a slaker this week, im redoing my paint studio,,,so i havent been able to do anything...well..anything i care to post...

18. Halloween is next week... WAH! I can't do some fun HAMB stuff like I had started to, cuz i gotta take the paying gigs. Especially since the economy is on the downward. Work has been drying up.

Looking forward to seeing what everybody else cranks out next week.

19. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

Wow, setting the bar pretty high guys.Von Franco, Dutch, Pacheco, Gary C, great work. Jeff,I want to be just like you when I grow up!!!

Attached Files:

20. screw it...heres some stuff i did recently, cant remember if i posted any of it....

Attached Files:

21. of course..Sonny Depalma<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3234030", true); </SCRIPT> posts..all that stuff too.......damnit you guys..i need to paint more...

22. PACHECO

PACHECO

Thanks Sonny!!!
    Always dig your work.
    -Gabe

23. hey robswager - post some old stuff
    bet you got lottsa stuff we would like to see

24. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

John....Just emailed you

Jeff

25. Yeah, I guess... I could post tons of stuff, but it would all be O/T and not really related, so...

26. carguy88

carguy88
    from Europe

I just finished this:

[​IMG]

27. keeper

keeper
    from So Cal

Nope she is not a model...she is a children's art teacher...let that mess with your heads for a bit...

28. dankyd

dankyd

art teachers are sexier than models anyway.

29. PatMonaco

PatMonaco

Great Art Show; as usual
    Thanks Guyz!

30. sinclair

sinclair

here is a shirt design for a local band.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.