Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wrecked on the strip.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LooseNut, Oct 20, 2008.

1. LooseNut

LooseNut
    from Texas

Anyone see the guy who wrecked his ride on the strip or have any pictures of it? I felt bad for him. He kept going so we knew he was alright, but I noticed his front wheel was locked up as he was going down the strip.

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Yep he broke a new superbell drilled axle . The car was fresh ! But driving it to the end of the strip wasnt very cool ?

3. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Hell no!
    who knows what could be leaking from Your car after a kiss like that. if it had been spewing antifreeze, the clean up effort could have taken HOURS, and that track is slick enough as it is.

Shame about the car, and I hope he gets is back together soon, but dangit, if'n You wreck, SIT STILL.

What if it caught fire when he was waaaaay the hell at the end of the track? I would like to be close to the folks with the fire extinguishers, thanks. No barbecued Model A for me, thanks. I have had plenty.

4. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Sad to see, but all it hurt was the axle, headlight stand, and dented the grill shell. Could have been so much worse.

Attached Files:

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

What the hell, a new axle???

6. 60 Belair

60 Belair

for the record , We were standing just before the stands on pit side on his run did not talk to the guy but it looked like he had a severe wheel hop/spin problem off the line which turned into sideways facing the pit side wall spinning like a bitch, hit the wall about a hundred feet from were we were standing dont know if it was mechanical prob or just bad juju but glad he was allright . an no major track probs were back racing in less than 10 mins
    Later Andy

7. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Talked to the driver, said it just broke loose once he hit second and he couldn't get her back straight.

8. LDGn63

LDGn63

i saw it from pit-side stands... it almost seemed like a slo-mo moment..... NOOOOOOO!

i thought it was odd to drive to the end of the track.... but maybe it was shock.

i feel real bad for the guy period..... but he's ok to race another day.

this all begs me to ask, was it the track or the repop slicks everyone was running?
    every car seemed a bit squirly for me....

9. Howrod

Howrod

Dog snot would be easier to hook-up on, but not complaining.

10. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

he got twisted around and it looked like he keep trying to over correct it and hit the wall pretty hard
    I hated to see it, good guy`s I hope they get it fixed quick

[​IMG]

11. We were standing by the tree where he hit. I just knew he was gonna flip over the guard rail when he hit, but it just bounced back off. I was shocked to see the minimal damage after he finally stopped.

12. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

The track was really slick. I got loose when I hit 4th on my 3rd run of the day. I've never gotten sideway at that high of speed (90ish). It got my attention enough to call it a day. Watching everybody skating around convinced me that I had done the right thing so I had a beer real quick so that I wouldn't try to change my mind. Not long after that, that A hit the wall. Sux, but at least he wasn't hurt and the damage seemed minimal.

13. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

These whitewall slicks are for "show not go" they are not the same as the soft compound real drag slicks. I was running some Cooper light truck radials and with a good burnout ran 12.60's without a problem. As far as the guy driving off I'm sure he was pissed and didn't know what to do, glad he's ok and the car will be repaired. A drilled axle is going to break at a hole but I wonder if an undrilled would have just bent? That was a great event and we had tons of fun, thanks Kontintals.

14. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Man I was really diggin that car saturday, sorry to see it all beat up. I hope the track can get it together so people can feel comfortable racing again.

15. Bone

Bone
    from texas

The driver wasn't hurt, wasn't even sore the next day. The car needs a new axle I'll get the same one again. Something has to give when you hit the wall like that. We got off lucky. Really had a good time. Look forward to doing it again. (without hitting the wall) This may be a good time to get some paint on the car.

16. 11secgen

11secgen

looks like that shock opened up from rubbing on the pavement.track officials musta loved that

17. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

holy shit. that could of been way worse. i'd invest in some modern slicks for the next track day.

18. vectorsolid

vectorsolid
    from Montana

Makes ya wonder about those "cool" holes. :eek:

19. Wesley

Wesley

I doubt that modern slicks would have made any difference. The new track owner ground the track at the end of last year and the track does not have the bite that it used to. I could not het hold of the track for the first 200 feet. Just illustrate the point, at Denton in February I was running 5.80s at over 115 in the 1/8, at the Day of the Drags my best pass was 6.43 at 112. The car was set up the same at both events. Last year for the Day of the Drags I was running 6.0s at 115. I dont know what they have done to the track, but my car doesnt like it.

20. SO, thats why my Flathead could turn those slicks:eek:!!!!
    Skot

21. moter

moter

good thing it didnt flip...dont think the "wood" roll cage would have helped much. Glad its an easy fix

22. IndyWinner

IndyWinner
    BANNED
    from So. Cal.

Lucky......that coulda been nasty.