Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 572 questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by erlomd, Oct 17, 2008.

1. No, it is a word based on Twat and weed. It was the most mild put down I could find for this twatweed. Work with me here!

2. maybe cocksmith would also work

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

no, that make him sound like a tradesman of sort

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Damn, I go and ice down my new knee replacemant and you guys ARE carrying the ball. Thanks guys. I'm no insight guru but this guy just rang the "bullshit bell" when I read his first post. Now it he had asked about a Toyota 4 banger vs an Allison V-12 it would have gone right over my head. Even I could not have made that decision.
    Like Eastwood said, "a mans got to know his limitations".

Frank

5. zbuickman

zbuickman

I think Im missing the pint here?????? I mean the only differance is the flatty has centerbolt valve covers right??? there about the same width....mabey with an adapter he can bolt the flatty valve covers on the 572:)

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Is it possible to get enough traction in a '32 3 window coupe to even worry about twisting the frame? I think he's just gonna buy lots of tires!

7. Flatbush

Flatbush

Thee 572 is a standard big block demensionally except it has a tall deck. The intakes are different. The block is a half inch taller at the mount front and rear. Originally designed for truck engines with tall and heavy pistons and 4 rings each. You can use spacers and use traditional intakes. Bbc headers will bolt on but position a little different because the heads are in a slightly different place, which probably would not matter in a 32 chassis. The distributor is taller also. Any tall bbc (to clear rockers) valve covers should work.

8. I beg to differ on the reliability of a blown flathead.I've been running one for over five years for over 20,000 miles. Only had to replace one set of headgaskets and that was because of fan failure.But I do agree that this guy sounds like a twatweed and was only trying to get some hambers wound up.

9. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em....

It's a CRATE engine.

10. Fish Tank

Fish Tank

All of my years of draggin', I was never let down by my Muncie M20/21/22 Rock Crusher....though I did go through a couple of rear-ends...lol

And here is a thread on topic of the Muncie...
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2918707

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  11. bump, cause it's funny

12. zbuickman

zbuickman

ohhh it's all business here...... ill bet he didnt even crack a smile:D:eek::D

13. timebombrod

timebombrod

here are a few pics of a 34 chev we built and is powered by a 572.. big engine small car? the result is a 10second head turning sleeper...one very horny car that has taken everyone by surprise..

Attached Files:

14. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

My buddy put Barry Grant three duece set up on his ZZ502 crate motor[$2400].Dynoed it, made 440hp at 5300. They make a real 510 with the 850 holley. $2400 bucks and you loose 70 hp.Put a tunnel ram on that 572.

15. redhumphries

redhumphries

karman that used to own Master Power Brakes had a 32 3 window glass car with a 572 and a 6 spd. said it ran great but gas milage was none at all. He didn't build it a friend of mine did. It was gold and on ebay for awhile.

16. brandon

brandon

how about 3 split dominators.....:D

17. skwurl

skwurl

I would get a car first junior.