Register now to get rid of these ads!

MoonEyes USA, anyone had problems?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DocWatson, Oct 18, 2008.

1. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK so I ordered and paid for some gear from Moon in the US as its cheaper to by from the US and ship than to buy here by a long shot. (Well it was 3 months ago)
    I have e-mailed them three times now asking about my order but have heard nothing back from them. No tracking number, or even if the items have been shipped as yet.
    Is this the norm for them?
    Any one else had a problem with them?
    My last order was here in half this time, WTF is going on?
    Doc.

2. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Maybe they saw your signiture ;)

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I've had this sorta problem with them a couple of times,best to phone them and ask to speak to Bob,he's always sorted out problems for me.Make sure its Bob you speak to,anyone else is hard work if you have an accent!

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why? Whats wrong with it??:confused:
    Kripfink, thanks I will give them a try on tuesday.
    Doc.

5. Ummmmm they are owned by a Japanese businessman.....

And yes, call Bob Kriezel (sp) direct.

6. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

they are owned and ran by japs!

7. dannyego

dannyego

I have had orders take a few months and Im in the U.S.

8. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

If you cant get a hold of Bob, you can also try Robin...

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, yeah. Forgot that, D'UH! Oh well, when you fuck with the wrong people you gotta expect that.
    I paid postage when the dollar was strong, would have been worth their while to send then, now its going to cost them extra. Hope they learn from that!

10. Robin is always on top of it (no pun intended) I won't talk to anybody else cause something always gets screwed up...Robin has never droppped the ball on orders for anyone Ive sent to her........

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys you have all been very helpful!! The HAMB is such a good place, I love it here.
    Doc.

12. Muttley

Muttley

HAHAHAHA..........Doc rules. Funniest thread in a while.

13. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

Its funny i was on the phone while reading this with chico about an item that took 1 week to ship out that was told it would be shipped out the next day this is why i buy from Richards stuff much better service with out the B.S

14. vein

vein

YES! I to have had problems with mooneyes. Spoke to same guy chico about my frenched taillights. Same smack they gave me. Took over a month, till I said cancel my order. I will never order crap from them again. I was patient with them, at least on there website they could say "not in stock" instead of pissin you off a month later. youd think with such a company that is deep rooted in hot rodding that it would be better managed! MY 2 CENTS IS OVER!

15. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

The entire mooneyes staff are a bunch of great guys and gals. They are awsome when it comes to shipping parts in stock. If its not in stock it could be "ON A SLOW BOAT FROM CHINA" and may take awhile but they should let you know that when you place the order.

16. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

I ordered a few parts from them this summer, when i got the parts three weeks later the box was full of the sticky liquid stuff their direct mount gauges are filled with, so one of the gauges were emty but did not looked like it could have been damaged in shipping.
    Also i ordered and paid for a SET of headlights wich means two headlights to most people, but i only got one.
    I checked the receipt and order confirmation and both said a set of two 7" headligths.
    E-mailed several times very politely but no answers..

Guess the don`t need a good rep. or our money..

17. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

I have not been a fan of Mooneyes for a few years now. Keep in mind a lot of what they sell is repackaged made-in-china stuff, which means you can find the same product from different vendors that don't jack the price as much.

18. Hey Doc, do a search, I recall this is a common issue with them. Bottom line in most threads is they were not cheap and provided what would be described as bad service.

Then there was the fuel injection carb look-a-likes, oh boy!

19. cretin

cretin

I haven't had a problem with their shipping, but the last couple things I got from them were cheap crap.

20. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mooneyes has about the worst customer service in the industry. It has been much better in the last few years, but still has a long way to go.

Your mileage may differ...I am just speaking from my experience.

-Abone.

21. That wasn't really their fault. It was the Aussie who owns RetroTek who was actually making those systems and had lots of problems getting them sorted out. Not really Mooneyes fault, they finally gave up on them and the Smart Shift also. (both of which I have installed, and once they figured it out they work OK. Still some problems with the 97 style injection though.)

22. hotroddon, I know someone in NZ who also completely redid the injection thing to make it work. But Mooneyes were selling it (whoever made it) and there was a thread from before you joined detailing the agonising process a customer went through - it was more than the design of the system, it was the customer service or lack of. Possibly because of HAMB exposure they did eventually help the guy (in the UK!), but it was not a happy story. If you like a good book, a search should turn it up. It's nearly as good as the legal threats over a carb adaptor thread.

23. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

Ordering from moon is like craps you might get it or you might crap out!!
    I have had stuff come in a couple days and then somtimes it takes a couple months??
    I heard rumors if the surf is up good chance nobodys in the shop that day???

24. I ordered a tank and some misc parts several months ago. I got my "custom" tank which was not how I wanted it. I called them and they "recommended" I install it the way they built it. They also would not refund since it was built to order.

I still have not got my other parts either...

I'm not to hip on mooneyes anymore.

25. Yep remember reading that when I was a lurker and thinking how we went through the same thing. We dealt with Ken directly because Moon didn't seem to know much or get any support, since they were just selling it. Not defending Moon, even though I consider Chico a friend, just saying that one wasn't all their fault. Do hear many other comments about lack of Customer Service and wish they would fix that.

26. daddio211

daddio211

Interesting. Back in July my wife ordered some Moon stuff for me for my birthday. She paid extra to expedite shipping. Some of the stuff STILL hasn't come!

I spoke to Robin earlier this week. The two items in question were a RF patch for my jacket, and a Kustom Kulture mag. She said, "Oh yeah, we've been having a lot of trouble getting any Rat Fink stuff, and that issue [of Kustom Kulture] was all sold out."

Well thanks for friggin' telling my wife when she PAID for the stuff! What's wrong with telling a customer that certain things are on back order or discontinued? I wonder how much they get away with by just not shipping ordered things and customers just don't ever follow up or notice???

This is the last order I'll ever make with them. Too bad, as Chico seems like a really nice guy.

27. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

yea it made me chuckle, that was a good one

28. Brandi

Brandi

Oh MAN!! I had the worst trouble getting the bullet caps for my wheels. I ordered about 3 weeks before I wanted them, the transaction was "Processing" for about 6 weeks after that. I emailed, called, emailed again.

Then, all the sudden then showed up.

29. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

good to hear about the outfits that cant or wont deliver what they advertise. they have no problem sucking in your green, then dont deliver the goods.

30. thatredcaroutside

thatredcaroutside
    from Decatur,AL

Here's the condensed version. LOL
    I ordered some 4" mini spun disc for $8 a piece twice - 1st order was cool, later I ordered some more, 3 or 4 months ahead of schedule, called many times, talked to everybody, told them I'd take any size up to 4 1/2" diameter, they said they had them in stock. Finally three days before I need them on the strollers I build, I call them up and tell them, I'm tired of there crap send them overnight and I better not get charged extra for shipping. Well, I got them and they didn't charge me extra for the shipping - THEY CHARGED ME $16 FOR EACH ONE and haven't bought a thing from them since and that was 8 years ago. nice doing business with you. I use soup ladels for hubcaps now.